Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • condensation vacs/squeegees
  • sadexpunk

always seem to suffer with condensation on bedroom/bathroom windows, front door etc, now mrs ex-p is starting to talk about window vacs. a quick google suggests anything from £15 to £100! 😯

the squeegees at lakeland would appear to be good enough to me, where the condensation is scooped up and falls into the handle, also supplied with a wipe cloth.

would you agree with that, or are these superduper karcher vac thingys worth the extra money?

thanks

easygirl

We’ve got the karcher one, and it is very good , can be had for about £50 I think
    Are they £40 better than the Lakeland one ?

sparkola

Mega-condensation here: we didn’t try the Lakeland one, but give it a go and see if it does the job for you.

If it doesn’t, I’d recommend a Karcher. We tried a cheaper Vileda jobbie first, but it packed up after a couple of weeks of use. For us it was definitely a case of buy cheap, buy twice.

Del

dehumidifier?

forge197
    Free Member

We recently got a Karcher Window Vac it’s excellent, we reduced condensation a bit by keeping the bathroom door shut (other than when go in and out of it!!) but not eliminated entirely and have increased ventilation.

We are getting a price for PIV http://www.envirovent.com/specifier/products/positive-input-ventilation/ to help with condensation, quality of air.

singlespeedstu

Another vote for the Karcher window vac.

nealglover
    Free Member

Have a Karcher one and they are very good (used for cleaning though rather than condensation)

I would say you are better off trying to solve the condensation issue though, rather than just cleaning up the mess it creates.

cheekyget
    Free Member

KARCHER…KARCHER…KARCHER!!! 😀

nuke

Dehumidifier…Dehumidifier…Dehumidifier!!! 😀

bigdaddy

Another happy karcher customer here – my wife (of course) is really happy with it, it’s frightening how much water is collected! Very clever machine, well worth it

sadexpunk

Got a dehumidifier, still get lots of condensation tho.

I’m leaning towards the cheap Lakeland jobbie, but how much did y’all pay for your Karchers?

Thanks

forge197
    Free Member

Our Karchers was on offer in B&Q think it was about £40-45.

We have a dehumidifier it helps but not a cure either, hoping if the price is right do replace the dehumidifier with a permanent wired in PIV to get better quality air filtered air as we have asthma it should also (if the hype is correct) help with Condensation.

bigblackshed

The Karcher one does the job without any bother. It’s surprising how much water one window can hold.

We tried the de-humidifier, made no difference to the windows. The wood burner has made the biggest difference. Most of our condensation comes from cooking.

ART

I got properly laughed at when my Karcher window vac arrived at work – yeah like I was bothered. Bloody brilliant thing & does the job perfectly given that we have no intention of completely rebuilding our house/ replacing all the windows which is the only way we’d ever fix the condensation issue for good.

daviek

The Mrs bought a Karcher for cleaning the windows but I use it for condensation on the windows in the morning. As mentioned above its a great bit of kit and after doing the windows its shocking how much water clings to them.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Don’t get a Karcher or dehumidifier, get a positive pressure ventilation system

sadexpunk

i get the impression it may be a few quid more expensive tho? 🙂

blader1611
    Free Member

Karcher has an outlet website which sells reconditioned window vacs. Got ours for £30 delivered from them and it was like new and has not missed a drop of water in over a year.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

B&Q are doing the original Karcher one for £35. I bought one last week and I’m very impressed with it.

cbike
    Free Member

Open a window?

mrsfry
    Free Member

What’s wrong with washing up liquid on a cloth and getting a dehumidifier(keep doors/windows closed when using it). Or better yet, getting your kids to wipe the windows down twice a day (small discount on the rent in return)

and folks complained about buying watches 🙄 STW people are odd

seadog101

Yep, a Karcher one here too. Great piece of kit.

JoeG
    Free Member

I had no idea that vacuum cleaners for windows is a thing. 😯

MrNutt
    Free Member

This PIV thing, wouldn’t it be cheaper just to install those ceiling fan thingys?

Edukator
    Free Member

Triple glazing.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

i get the impression it may be a few quid more expensive tho?

Mine cost £300 and fitted it myself. (Had power to the loft already)

Just sucking up all the water isn’t solving the issue.

OK your saving £250.

* However you house will be taking longer to heat, therefore costing money

* Your having to do something on a daily basis

PPV you don’t know its there, costs peanuts to run, and is making the air in your house much fresher.

This PIV thing, wouldn’t it be cheaper just to install those ceiling fan thingys?

I reckon not, ok a fan would push air around the house, which would help, but PPV pulls in dryer air from the loft space which pushes out the damp air. ( I was very sceptical too until I saw the results.) Our house used to have relative humidity of about 80-85% now its about 60-65%

Dibbs
    Free Member

I’ve got an extractor fan with a built in humidistat (shuts off when the humidity level drops) and a Karcher as others have said surprising how much water it collects even after one shower.
    My biggest problem is getting the wife to stop opening the window and letting cold air in to cause more condensation.

sharkbait
    Free Member

My biggest problem is getting the wife to stop opening the window and letting cold air in to cause more condensation.

Cold air is dry so less condensation. Warm air holds the moisture so more condensation.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘condensation vacs/squeegees’ is closed to new replies.