Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Concentration camps for LGBT in our age?
  • martinhutch

Not sure ‘our age’ applies in Chechnya.

But yes, pretty shocking.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Not sure Chechnya is a country, or European.

But yes, pretty shocking.

cranberry
    Free Member

Evil clown.

outofbreath
    Free Member

How is Putin the bad guy here? Far from supporting this kind of thing he’s busting a gut to defend people all over the place (including Chechnya) from Islamic extremism.

TimothyD
    Free Member

Putin has been responsible for the creation of ‘anti propaganda’ laws, which have made it illegal to hand out anything which may be helpful for any youngster struggling to come to terms with their sexuality. This has given the green light to anybody in Russia who wants to go and beat up, or kidnap and beat up any gay person, or beat up any lesbian. Which can’t be anything but encouraging to anybody of the same mind set in Chechnya, too.

devash
    Free Member

As far as I’m aware, homosexuality in Russia isn’t illegal. The promotion of homosexuality or homosexual lifestyles is a contentious issue though, and I do believe that there are certain legislations against this.

Not a great situation, but hardly a beating stick to use against Russia simply because they aren’t towing the “West’s” line in the Middle East.

We are forgetting that the UK had similar laws even up until 2003 (2000 in Scotland), see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_28

cranberry
    Free Member

“You cannot detain and persecute people who do not exist in the republic,” he said. “If there were such people in Chechnya, their relatives would send them somewhere from which there is no returning.”

Kadyrov’s spokesman, Kaderov being Putin’s man in Chechnya.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/gay-men-killed-in-secret-chechen-jail-sjp2fz7kr

outofbreath
    Free Member

given the green light to anybody in Russia who wants to go and beat up, or kidnap and beat up any gay person, or beat up any lesbian. Which can’t be anything but encouraging to anybody of the same mind set in Chechnya, too.

So militant Islam have been encouraged to throw gays off buildings/putting Gays in concentration camps by Putin’s illiberality in spite of the fact he has literally been at war with Militant Islam in at least two places.

Bollocks.

Putin is taking a stand against militant Islam. Until recently we’ve been trying to hand Syria over to Jihadis. Before that I don’t recall the west being especially helpful when Russia was fighting militant Islam in Chechnya.

When it comes to Militant Islam, Putin’s about the only useful ally LGBT have got, he’s the good guy.

hatter

When it comes to Militant Islam, Putin’s about the only useful ally LGBT have got,

In which case, they’re pretty screwed.

Putin isn’t at war with Poltical Islam, otherwise he wouldn’t be one of Iran’s staunchest allies (they also have the death penalty for Homosexuality BTW). But tagging anyone who disagrees with him as an Islamic terrorist has and continues to be very useful to him when carrying out his geopolitical objectives.

martinhutch

I love this vision of Putin as a great champion for the human rights of the oppressed masses of the middle east. Good job no recent events tend to suggest otherwise.

outofbreath
    Free Member

In which case, they’re pretty screwed.

Not in Syria, in Syria they’ve been pretty much saved by Russian involvement.

…and (I’d have thought) the same goes for Chechnya. If the Jihadis had taken over Chechnya then LGBT Concentration camps would be the norm rather than a one off exception.

outofbreath
    Free Member

I love this vision of Putin as a great champion for the human rights of the oppressed masses of the middle east.

…that is the case.

Assad runs a secular government and is quite happy to coexist with Gays and Christians.

The Jihadis would have rounded them all up and killed them.

The reason that didn’t happen is Putin.

martinhutch

It’s true, Assad’s government is certainly a beacon for freedom and safety which is admired throughout the region.

outofbreath
    Free Member

It’s true, Assad’s government is certainly a beacon for freedom and safety which is admired throughout the region.

It pretty much is/was.

You or I could wander around Assad’s Syria in safety. If we did that in the Jihadi held area’s we’d be decapitated on youtube.

We could also bum each other in Assad’s Syria. Although I think we’d also have the right not to. 😀

kimbers

so wait, is Putin supporting Assad to protects homosexuals in Syria?

there was me thinking it was all about securing the Russian naval base in tartarus

Flaperon

How is Putin the bad guy here? Far from supporting this kind of thing he’s busting a gut to defend people all over the place (including Chechnya) from Islamic extremism.

Has chewkw got a new account?

martinhutch

there was me thinking it was all about securing the Russian naval base in tartarus

Such naivety. He’ll be right there in the dancing crowds at Pride in Damascus. 🙂

Putin’s tolerant and encouraging attitude to LGBT issues has been obvious for years.

El-bent
    Free Member

Pretty cynical there Kimbers, you’ve got to get with the new vision that Putin and Trump do things in Syria out of the kindness of their hearts.

outofbreath
    Free Member

so wait, is Putin supporting Assad to protects homosexuals in Syria?

I haven’t mentioned motive and it’s irrelevant to my point. I don’t think Stalin was strongly motivated by love of Jews, but he still liberated a load of them in WW2, and I think many of us would regard that as a good thing.

The OP is having a pop at Putin for allowing/encouraging Islamist LGBT Concentration camps in Chechnya.

In fact far from allowing this stuff he’s fighting against Islamists in Chechnya and elsewhere. The people setting up concentration camps are on the opposing side to Putin in Chechnya.

El-bent
    Free Member

I don’t think Stalin was strongly motivated by love of Jews, but he still liberated a load of them in WW2,

This is where your argument is falling down. Those here are trying to point it out to you but…

Since we are on this point, What happened to the Jewish in the Soviet union after WW2?

outofbreath
    Free Member

This is where your argument is falling down.

Where is my argument falling down? Some people on the other side to Putin are doing horrific things, and people are blaming Putin for it. I think that’s wrong.

cranberry
    Free Member

The people setting up concentration camps are on the opposing side to Putin in Chechnya.

No
    they
    aren’t.

Chest_Rockwell
    Free Member

You want tea with your polonium?

outofbreath
    Free Member

“No they aren’t.”

Not Islamists?

cranberry
    Free Member

Kaderov was installed as Chechen president by Putin:

“On 15 February 2007, Putin signed a decree removing Alkhanov and installing Kadyrov as Chechen’s acting president.[33] On 2 March 2007, following Putin’s nomination of Kadyrov as Chechen president, the Chechen parliament approved the nomination.[34]”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramzan_Kadyrov

outofbreath
    Free Member

“Kaderov was installed as Chechen president by Putin:”

So what?

cranberry
    Free Member

“Kaderov was installed as Chechen president by Putin:”

So what?

You are either on drugs, or really need to be.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Some people on the other side to Putin are doing horrific things, and people are blaming Putin for it. I think that’s wrong.

then this is a false claim so the point is relevant

TBH if you are not trolling you are spectacularly stupid, even for here.

Putin is many things a champion of LGBT rights is not one of them.

outofbreath
    Free Member

“then this is a false claim”

What is a false claim?

Junkyard
    Free Member

TBH if you are not trolling you are spectacularly stupid, even for here.

project
    Free Member

As far as I’m aware, homosexuality in Russia isn’t illegal. The promotion of homosexuality or homosexual lifestyles is a contentious issue though, and I do believe that there are certain legislations against this.

It was also illegal a while ago in uk, clause 28 from thatcher the witch, and before that utter tripe and intolerance from various parts of so called society, that used to imprison men for they sexuality, and also had very clever eminent mathematicians chemicaly castrated etc etc.

Now homosexuality is legal in uk plc, but some are still suffering bigotry, abuse, threats of violence etc, despite legislation.

In every society there will be an underclass, the thing is for that underclass to become strong, rebuild and become more accepted in society as is slowly happening in uk plc.

senorj

Lol at Chest Rockwell ..
    I’ll have pryaniki with my tea please.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Concentration camps for LGBT in our age?’ is closed to new replies.