Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Competitive gardening? WTF?
  • john_drummer
    Free Member

The Great Allotment Challenge. Like The Great British Bake Off, but for gardeners.

What next, competitive farting?

allthepies
    Free Member

It’s the latest genre. Cheap, public participation media, drawn out over months.

I’m waiting for Youth Hostelling with Chris Eubank in 2016.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Gardening doesn’t get tougher than this.

somafunk

I used to love my years of “competitive gardening”, however my idea of competitive gardening involved Hydroponics/PLC environmental control and seeing if if i could break the magical 2g/watt yield so i doubt i’d be allowed on such a program.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Surely celebrity monkey tennis can only be but a Davina McCall away?

Midnighthour
    Free Member

Have you heard that somewhat weird BBC Radio 2 program about ‘live gardening’, was on again around 1.45ish today I think.

I changed channels and there was some bloke ‘gardening’ on the radio. It seemed to imply he was pulling out a post on an allotment in real time and then planting some beans, all broadcast via his mobile phone. Its really odd as there are bits of speech, then a pause while he picks up a hammer or whatever and you hear vague sounds of tapping, lots of heavy breathing as he ‘wiggles his post’ then declares is is too deeply embedded, but as everything is wet it should slide out smoothly once it get moving. I kid you not. I heard this allotment broadcast once before, I think he was digging that time but the sound of the earth turning was too faint for anyone to pick up – its beyond weird.

Perhaps even odder in some way was the studio presenter (Jeremy Vine ??) suggesting the bloke use a pair of pliers to help extract a fence post 2 feet deep in the ground – just how big are his pliers? God help his wife if he ever tries DIY around the home!

somafunk

That’s an annual spot on the Jeremy Vine programme, just wait till he starts to sow his beans or talk about the benefits of mulching the soil.

Last year a listener on the the Christian O’Connell breakfast show on Absolute radio gatecrashed the program, and upset jeremy Vine in the process…not that Christain’s show is a better listen with that ****-wit richie on it

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

No more ridiculous than people riding road bikes round a muddy field for an hour. 😆

john_drummer
    Free Member

Yeah but they don’t broadcast that on prime time Friday night terrestrial TV 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Competitive gardening? WTF?’ is closed to new replies.