Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Comfortable saddle?
  • mozzie
    Free Member

I've got a Stumpjumper HT 2006 with its original saddle and it's killing me. I use this bike as a road/mountain bike, trainer and sometimes as a race bike and I just want a really comfortable seat. I have a Gobi on the full susser but don't find it great either although I don't sit on it as much anyway.
    Any advice greatfully received.

barca
    Free Member

Everybody using this site could tell you their saddle is the best thing ever but it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to you as others bottom's are not your bottom.
    You have to make educated guesses on what starts to feel a bit more like it. For example, I started off on big comfy looking squishy thing. It hurt. I got something firmer and narrower, it felt better. I got a firmer one with the cut out. It cut me in half, I tried an SLR XP. Hmmm, lovely…….for a couple of hours and then I started to ache. I'm now on completely stripped down SLR's. No cover and no padding. Lovely. Also, very little padding in my shorts if any. Different pads in shorts are often overlooked but make a big difference (to me at least).
    My saddles and shorts combo's would (I suspect) be hideous for others.
    Take those Spoon things that seem quite popular on here. I couldn't manage 10 minutes on one.

richcc
    Free Member

I like Specialized body geometry saddles. Went to a shop that had the specialized sit mat thing and chose the right width for my arse bones

takisawa2

Always thought WTB Rocket V was the chair for me.
    Then got a Ti Charge Spoon. Brilliant.
    Got a Cr-Mo Spoon & its not as comfy as the Ti.

In fact the Ti Spoon is so comfy I've chucked out the 3-piece suite & have 5 Ti-Spoons on posts set into the lounge floor.

Big nose does it for me. As for a saddle though

saladdodger
    Free Member

the charge spoon works for me to

radoggair
    Free Member

sdg bel air now on road bike replacing my 'broken in a crash' wtb pure v. Both very comfy saddles that i could sit all day on

Put a carbon flite TT on my 5 spot, mainly in an attempt to lose some weight, but also cos it looks good. This has turned out to be suprisingly comfy.

I'm now come round to the idea that apart from lying down in bed, my bike is the place i spend the longest time on during a week where my ass touches cloth (way hey), roughly about 20 – 30 hrs per week, so i have now developed 'saddle ass' where my buttocks have shaped themselves into a bike seat. Sitting on chairs kill me after a long period of time

mikey74
    Free Member

The one that I love, that you don't often hear people mention, is the Selle Italia C2 Gel Flow – it instantly felt right, for me anyway.

nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

As they've said, everyone's arse is different. However, mine quite like the Fizik Gobi that came on one bike but my fave is definitely Selle Italia Yutaak.

kiwijohn

Flite, Flite, Flite, SST & a little BMX jobby which is surprisingly comfortable.

mozzie
    Free Member

wow that's a can of worms I've opened. A mates got a rocket v on his HT so i'll try that. That charge spoon looks good though.
    Thanks for the advice

brakes
    Free Member

I've got a fat arse and I like WTB saddles
    does that help?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Rocket V felt too wide and squashy for me. I have a cheap PVC Selle saddle which is the perfect dimensions but a little too hard for long rides on the FS, so it stays on the HT. The WTB Devo was too wide, too short and despite a squashy touch felt hard on the bum/balls.

Very happy once I got a CroMo Spoon and it's cheap and comes in different colours, but am interested to read that the Ti one is better.

And I don't usually wear padded shorts as I don't really like them.

Kahurangi

Northwind

I like my Charge Knife but I'm sure it's one you have to be the exact right shape for, it's not padded or significantly shaped. Spoon is probably the better option for most people, also very good.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Comfortable saddle?’ is closed to new replies.