Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Colour matched enve 29xc wheels should I???
  • pipiom
    Free Member

Anyone know how you go about ordering the above ie same colour as bike. Or is it just that they have a colour chart and you need to choose from it?

Also are they any good or will they explode??

thomasgeorge
    Free Member

Slik graphics for non exploding ones.

pipiom
    Free Member

I’m looking to get the whole wheelset to match my new build frame ie Carbine/Orange and black

MrNero50
    Free Member

Funnily enough doing the same build myself.

I tried the Enve wheels on a T275, they did feel good. But, I just cannot see the benefit of Enve rims over the light bicycle ones.

If you are set on Enve and want colour matched decals email Intense as they do Enve with matching decals as an option on complete builds.

pipiom
    Free Member

I’ve got the frame and all other bits…..just saw a Carbine with Enve’s on Sun and drooled

MrNero50
    Free Member

You’re well on the way….get my frame this weekend and still deciding.

Get a thread started once you are done!

jimification
    Free Member

Just listened to a Podcast interview with one of the Enve guys and he goes into quite a bit of detail on their design and manufacturing process…they do a lot of things that make for a better / stronger rim. Things like recessing the nipples so that the hole in the rim surface only has to be the diameter of the spoke and weaving the carbon around the spoke / valve holes instead of drilling them. As far as I can see, they do things the “right” way instead of compromising for cost.

Personally, I just ordered a set of LB rims but if budget allowed, I would go with the Enve’s. No doubt they are very well engineered.

PS: I don’t know if they do the new XC graphics but these guys do all colours of Enve stickers: http://www.slikgraphics.com/collections/rim-decals/products/enve-dh-style-rim-decals

pipiom
    Free Member

I’ve had a thread running for ages and Messiah was very instrumental in a lot of it RIP.
    It is a bit off- piste ie enduro style frame/geometry/fork/shock..with a very weight weeny XC build……should be finished soon and pics will be on asap

thomasgeorge
    Free Member

Mine from slik graphics, they were great until some guy drooled over them on Sunday 😕

http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/paulwatterson/media/IMG_13781_zps56d3327e.jpg.html

thomasgeorge
    Free Member
    SamB
    Free Member

I’m contemplating the same thing (using Enve 60/40 rims), but not convinced by the orange enve decals:

IMO it looks better with the white enve decals. But then again I’m probably going to wait for the Fox Float 36 29er, which I reckon will look brilliant on the carbine 😀

njee20
    Free Member

Personally, I just ordered a set of LB rims but if budget allowed, I would go with the Enve’s. No doubt they are very well engineered.

I’d have LB over the older Enve rims, but the M50s look good – they’ve got the weight down, and they look well made.

Colour matched decals are a no though I reckon, too far!

pipiom
    Free Member

Got me there Paul, they do look good though. I thought yours came as a built bike as it is. If so did you then buy the decals and stick em over the white ones ..? Mmmmmmm food for thought…..

thomasgeorge
    Free Member

It was built, but only the same as you are doing, I specked it with the shop, and they put it together. I had the decals sent direct to them, before they built the wheels. At least they were on straight, rather than me making a f#%k up of them.

pipiom
    Free Member

Which shop?

tasteslikeburning
    Free Member

Seeing quite a few people on colour coded Enves but I think it’s a bit over the top. But if that’s what you want go for it.

Must admit I do have a pair of Orange Troy Lee shorts to match my Carbine which do look the schizzle – officially!

mattjg
    Free Member

no, it’s the MTB equivalent of a personalised number plate.

rim gfx should be subtle or none.

tomhoward

no, it’s the MTB equivalent of a personalised number plate.
    rim gfx should be subtle or none.

My enve logos are colour matched, dark grey for a black frame. That allowed?

Op, if you get the rims with the bike, they will already have a colour matched for the colour of frame. Not sure about it you buy them as separates

mattjg
    Free Member

My enve logos are colour matched, dark grey for a black frame. That allowed?

yes. In fact I’d quite like a pic of that please.

I accept I am a bit odd but I desticker my rims which are all Stans on Hope Hoops. They come smothered and are in eyesore IMO.

thomasgeorge
    Free Member

Tasteslikeburning wrote

[Must admit I do have a pair of Orange Troy Lee shorts to match my Carbine which do look the schizzle – officially! ]

How about an Endura MT500 shirt to match ????

pipiom
    Free Member

Manx Gravity Enduro rocks the big one….please make the torture stop Ha!!!!

#minesnotfeckinreadyyet!!!!

tomhoward

Oh, Go on then….

image by tom.howard.562, on Flickr

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Colour matched enve 29xc wheels should I???’ is closed to new replies.