Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • colleague keeps showing me his
  • nick1962
    Free Member

I have visions of him in a chef’s hat and apron over his lycra,a ‘tache,a string of onions and garlic around his neck,casully flipping a crepe from his frying pan in one hand and a glass of red in the other while ascending Mt Ventoux on Zwift. His wife and kids sat at the kitchen table waiting for dinner looking on bemused.

mrblobby
    Free Member

there is a big difference between going all out on a turbo for 90min (even for 45min!) and JRA for 3 hours!

🙂 my point really being was that as turbos have improved, better road simulation, app controlled resistance, the virtual experience getting so much better, that if your plan calls for a 3 hr road ride then if you are so inclined you can get something that’s a reasonable equivalent on the turbo that’s not too unpalatable. Whereas previously turbos did tend to mean shorter sessions with hard intervals.

I even know some people who have taken up cycling and ride regularly… but have never actually ridden outdoors. Quite bizarre 🙂

jonnyboi

Ask him for pics, I’d like to see pics. Or a video, even better.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Is he Glupton? Does he do 18000 miles a year?

molgrips
    Free Member

there is a big difference between going all out on a turbo for 90min (even for 45min!) and JRA for 3 hours!

In terms of training effect yes. Training at low intensity isn’t worse, just does a different but equally important job. So he’s done himself a favour doing 8 hours of it. Few weeks of that his base will be great. Just need to follow up with some intensity.

tinybits
    Free Member

Well, I’ve just done a quick 25km @ 180w and now back to work, all without leaving the house. That’s lot better than I could have done tonight without it!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Friend

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘colleague keeps showing me his’ is closed to new replies.