Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Coil shock on a Pitch
  • st

Has anyone fitted a coil shock to a Spesh Pitch?

Anygood, what did you fit?

After a few rides on my new comp I’m not all that impressed with the X Fusion shock and was toying with the idea of a new Fox Van R, possibly a Pushed one.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Try getting your hands on an RP2 or RP3 (Make sure it has the correct compression/rebound/propedal tune)
    The RP2 on my Pitch Pro is superb
    🙂

But yes, I’ve toyed with this idea too!
    🙂

grumm
    Free Member

Seen pics of one on mtbr. A mate of a mate uses a Pitch with a coil shock for DH racing apparently.

Pretty happy with my RP2 though – not heard great things about the X Fusion shock

flamejob
    Free Member

I also have to say that the RP2 is pretty sweet.

I cased a ditch gap jump last night and it just ate it and came back smiling. Amazing shock.

*Hijack* Does anyone know what/where you can get mech hangers? Think I’m gonna ride my Pitch on the Mega

grumm
    Free Member

Leisure Lakes in Lancaster were doing 2 for £20 – might be worth a call. I’m doing the Mega on mine as well. 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

2 for £20 is a good deal!

I’ve just finished kitting mine out for the Alps and PPDS next week.

New wheels with Sun SOS rims, Maxxis double ply Super Tacky High Rollers, FSA Maximus bars.
    And then I put it on the scales – Just over 34.5lb.
    [manic giggling]
    Ha. Ha. Ha Ha. Ha….!
    [/mainc giggling]

Surprisingly in a quick blast round outside it seems to ride really well for it’s weight. I can still bunnyhop it just the same (On flats)
    Should be a total hoot!
    Can’t wait….
    😀

flamejob
    Free Member

I’m taking two bikes; ’09 Big Hit 3 with Totems and my Bitch

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Early days with my Pitch but also impressed with the RP2 – can’t say I notice the Propedal making much difference though – don’t think I’ll bother with coil shock

scruff
    Free Member

grumm
    Free Member

Hmm I find the propedal really useful personally – always have it on for climbs and road sections, and I’ve started leaving it on for descents on trail centre type stuff as well.

flamejob
    Free Member

Grumm.. you are an evil man… just ordered some hangers from LL… and snuck in a sneaky Pure Racing Cobra i900R Remote seatpin 😯

Cool thing is.. they both fit both bikes.

I’ve started leaving it on for descents on trail centre type stuff as well.

Why don’t you just get a hardtail 🙂

grumm
    Free Member

Haha, nice impulse purchase! I’ve got the non-remote version – few issues but I wouldn’t be without it now really.

Why don’t you just get a hardtail

Probably would ride a hardtail at trail centres if I had one, but it got nicked.

I find it’s just a bit faster leaving it on when the surface is smooth and you don’t really need the full wallowy 6″ of travel. 😀

st

Coil shock on a Pitch anyone??!

grumm
    Free Member

Do a search on mtbr – lots of threads about it on there. Like I said I’m sure I saw a pic of one.

mushrooms
    Free Member

Don’t see why not, although the custom tuned rp2 on mine is great!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Coil shock on a Pitch’ is closed to new replies.