Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Coil shock for Nukeproof mega 2012…..
  • moniex
    Free Member

hi, I am looking at putting a coil shock on a 2012 150 travel 26″ Nukeproof mega. It will be for my son to use on our Alps trip. He is 14 and weighs about 54kg. It currently has the original shock on it, but coil obviously looks far cooler :0). It will also be used next year by his little brother.

I will need a 200×57 shock. I can get a rock shox Kage rc in m/m tune cheap new from Germany, would this be any good? Not looking to spend too much.

Thanks Simone

kayak23

I used to use a dhx 4 in mine for holidays and uplifts. Worked very well really, much better at coping than the Monarch.

My advice however would be to get a Cane Creek double barrel air cs. Great shock, very adjustable and transforms the Mega.

It’s what I have now and use it for everything.

Obviously the cost may be an issue, but it’s a great shock.

moniex
    Free Member

A bit over my budget for my sons bike, although looking at one for my status. Probably would prefer to not have too many adjustments, would prefer to ride and not fiddle! I presume I will need some kind of compression adjust though…

The Kage rc will come in at about £130.

Simone

kayak23

I don’t make any adjustments incidentally. Set it up with the base tune and never touched it since.

I’d try the cheap coil if you’re happy with the price. Just keep the Monarch with you in case it goes wrong maybe.

moniex
    Free Member

May just give that a try.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Why?

kayak23

wysiwyg – Member
    Why?

He is 14…………. coil obviously looks far cooler

He probably won’t care about rebound, spring rates, leverage curves etc…. Get the one that looks the coolest 8)

reevil
    Free Member

I’ve been running a Vivid which I got from TF Tuned on my 2012 Mega.
    Great shock and works really well.

I’m due to go to the Alps in 6 weeks, but I’ve found a crack in one of my chainstays.

I’m about to break down my Mega so the shock is available if you’re looking.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

54 kg? Stick with air.

kayak23

I’m due to go to the Alps in 6 weeks, but I’ve found a crack in one of my chainstays

Try for warranty. They did mine.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Coil shock for Nukeproof mega 2012…..’ is closed to new replies.