Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Coil installation advise please
  • Murvis
    Free Member

Hello all,

Currently installing a cane creek spring on a DHX 5. The fox manual says to turn the preload collar until there is no movement in the spring (or the spring is snug), which is fine, however because the internal diameter of the cane creek spring is slightly larger it’s difficult to tell when the spring is engaged due to lateral movement.

So I’m wondering if anyone has experience of fitting cane creek springs to DHX shocks? When setting the preload should I work from when the spring has no movement along the line of travel or when there is no lateral movement? As fox are quite specific about the max turns of the preload collar I don’t want to risk damage by over tightening it.

Thanks

Murray

bella
    Free Member

Murray

If considering getting a coil installed I would make sure it was fitted by a gynaecologist if possible and failing that your GP. Not usually best attempted in the home.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Just what I was thinking this is not a DIY job.

robhughes
    Free Member

I took the cheap option and bought one of these and flogged it strait away as they are a wee bit big.
    They still rattle a bit with a bit of preload on.
    Your better off saving up your pennies and putting a ti spring on it.
    If not then buy a used one off pink bike or fleabay.
    There,s oodles of them available for next to no money.

Murvis
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice rob, bella and thebrick thanks for bumping my post with your crap humour 😉

robhughes
    Free Member

No worries.
    There,s loads on pink bike mate.
    Pick them up for about a tenner.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Coil installation advise please’ is closed to new replies.