• This topic has 11 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by mt.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Cofidis rider detained for doping
  • atlaz
    Free Member

Remy Di Gregorio of Cofidis has been arrested with two “unnamed men” in relation to doping. I guess it gives the press something to ask Bradley Wiggins about for the rest of the tour then. Prepare for more sweary press confs.

RealMan
    Free Member

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/cofidis-rider-arrested-police-raid-110812092.html

Not really much info on it anywhere (so it might not even be true..).

This sucks.

atlaz
    Free Member

Missed that someone had already posted in the rest-day thread

alpin
    Free Member

more non-TDF-news.

it’s just the same thing over and over again. it makes a mockery of the whole tour and i don’t understand why people get excited about the tour when the winners are doped up.

the whole thing is a farce.

RealMan
    Free Member

i don’t understand why people get excited about the tour when the winners are doped up.

atlaz
    Free Member

more non-TDF-news

???

He was riding for Cofidis in the tour. Probably makes it TdF news. He was 35th, the 2nd placed Cofidis rider so again, seems relevant to the tour.

alpin
    Free Member

i mean that the news of someone being found doping is no longer news.

it is like saying if it rains when you are outside you get wet.

mudshark
    Free Member

My response to that is similar to wiggo’s words at the press conference a few days ago.

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Grim, if only because the judge appears to have waited until the TDF is on to order the arrest so as to maximise publicity. The drug enforcement authorities would probably have more credibility if they didn’t do things for maximum exposure during the tour. Not that I’m defending doping but I find it suspicious that the judge suddenly decided it was vital to make arrests after investigating for a year just like the timing of the Armstrong charges appears motivated by a desire to maximise publicity.

igm

TdF isn’t the same without the pantomime side show.

mt
    Free Member

The judge realised that he was off on his hols at the start of August for a month so should pull his finger out and get some actual work done. The bit of publicity is to remind the citizens he earns his euros.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Cofidis rider detained for doping’ is closed to new replies.