Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Coed-y Brenin B&B
  • MRanger156
    Free Member

Any recommendation for a bike friendly B&B near Coed-y Brenin?

Probably around 6 of us and will need bike storage.

nickjb
    Free Member

Do you specifically want a B&B? The log cabins at Trawsfynydd are pretty good. Basically a glorified static caravan. Tiny bedrooms, good size lounge and kitchen, big indoor porch for storage. Cheap and an easy ride to CyB. In fact probably cheap enough to get two, then you can spread out a bit and have a room each.

fathomer

Gwyn Farn is nice. Stayed in May, would go again.

asterix
    Free Member

+1 for he trawsfynnydd cabins

Klunk
    Free Member

if you can get in Tyn-Y-Groes

jambalaya
    Free Member

We stayed at the Oakley Arms Hotel last weekend – probably about 20 mins North of Coed-y-Brenin. We were hiking but I noticed a couple of vans with mtbs. I am not aware if they have storage. We had a cottage sleeping 4 (twin and double), nice set up with good kitchen/lounge.

Decent food and bar onsite.

Oakley Arms Hotel

MrGreedy

Heulwen guest house is great and has been our club trip venue of choice for several years. CyB is rideable from the door (or a short drive), garage to lock up your bikes, great views to admire while you sit on the terrace with a post-ride beer, and best of all, superb home-cooked dinners.

superfli
    Free Member

Trawsfynydd are closed all of November.

proflexforever
    Free Member

if you can get in Tyn-Y-Groes

i second that stayed there twice…nice food..nice bar staff closest to trail centre..

stayed in dollgethlau a few times too…
    some moody bars/pubs but still a good place to stay

stayed here twice to HERE
    very nice rooms and a cracking breakfast

lunge

2nd Cae Gwyn Farm, with 6 people you could book out the entire bunkhouse and cook your own breakfast. It has secure storage and is a 5 min ride to the trail centre (and a 10 min ride back up the hill). Only problem is the lack of pubs close by.

MRanger156
    Free Member

The lack of pub worries me but the self catering barn does look good.

eskimonumber1

The lack of pub worries me but the self catering barn does look good.

The owner of Cae Gwyn Farm drove us all 5 minutes down the road to the pub when we stayed earlier this year. He then arranged for the pub landlord to drive us back.

Might be worth getting in touch with them.

Top service, excellent location (for the trails and stunning views) and would definitely recommend.

boxfish
    Free Member

Ty Seren B&B in Dolgellau town centre. Awesome breakfast. Secure bike storage. Central location for food/drink.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

We used to stay here:
    http://www.coedybrenin.com/mostyn_cottage.html

Literally slap bang in the middle of the forest. About 500m off the trails.

timnwild

We just got back and stayed here:

Ty Nant

It’s self-catering, but it was great – big, warm, well-equipped, loads of storage, and 40 a head for two nights at the weekend (between 8 people).

toby1

Stayed at HYB this weekend, cheap enough, basic enough and really not a very long walk from the Stag. Little Chef close by or local cafe for breakfast if you fancy it?

withersea
    Free Member

This place is fantastic and a very warm welcome

Homepage

Food is fantastic and now they have a bard it’s even better.

Stopped here for many years and they are happy to store bikes as well – parking can be difficult during the summer though.

BenjiM

There’s an MBA Bothy on the trail. Penrhos Isaf. Very cosy, helped do a lot of the work on it meself with me dad 🙂

jota180
    Free Member

Stopped here a couple of times, right in the middle of Dolgellau
    http://www.plasisa.co.uk/

Cheap and cheerful with good parking and bike storage

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

now they have a bard it’s even better.

😉

withersea
    Free Member

yes the bard is often seen in the bar…..any other bar’s entertainment is no where near as good

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Coed-y Brenin B&B’ is closed to new replies.