• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by ton.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • clydesdale fork!
  • sherry
    Free Member

What do you bigger riders use to smooth out the trial? I have narrowed my fork choice down to a rock shox pike 454 coil or air and the revelation 426 air 20mm (both around £410)? It will be used on a HT with 235lb rider on board! Also, anyone know what the max rider weight is for these air forks, do they hold up to a heavier rider or should I bite the bullet and go for a coil with extra weight! Is 5lb to heavy for a HT?(cove HJ).

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Some coil forks don't come with heavy enough springs for fat lads.

I'm 17 stone and usually use air forks and shocks.

PePPeR

I'd recommend Rockshox air forks too, I weigh around 240lbs and they can cope with my weight fine, the Maguras I have, I really struggle to get right and regret buying them over the Revelations I was looking at at the time!

Swiftacular
    Free Member

15 st, and use F100's with no problems, suppose it depends what youre doing on it.

sherry
    Free Member

Ok, air it is. But would you go for the pike or revelation? I'm swaying towards the pike? The cheapest I have seen them is £415, anyone seen them cheaper?

transporter13
    Free Member

Im 147kg and ive always ridden zochhi's (air) z1's etc…brilliant

Lummox

110kg i ride an all mountain, it's been perfect and the adjustable travel and lockout make it really flexible.

ton

fluctuating between 20 and 21stone…………
    pike air, reba 29r air and white fluid air assist…………..
    so air is good.
    non of the coil forks have springs suitable for people heavier than 16 stone.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘clydesdale fork!’ is closed to new replies.