Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Clingfilm
  • redmex
    Free Member

It can be great stuff for many things especially for saving splattering the microwave but i have to chuck it away as it tears as you try to un wrap it from the roll and canny get it started again, any tips or best make ?

Jamie
    Free Member

Just use a splash guard thingy and wash it?

Esme
    Free Member
    deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Bacofoil Easy Cut.

z1ppy

Are you using the packaging as intended?

Folding in the end flaps to secure the roll, then using the perforate cutting strip to cut the clingfilm? S’not rocket science…

allthepies
    Free Member

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/7518/Wrapmaster-Foil-and-Cling-Dispenser

Only takes 30cm rolls though which aren’t super-easy to get hold of.

Edukator
    Free Member

The Bisphenol-A lobby are still messing with your hormones. Use paper bags.

hols2
    Free Member

Leave it in the lunchroom at work until someone fixes it, then take it home again. (You’ll need two or three rolls working in rotation though.)

Cougar

Stop biting your fingernails.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Plenty of websites dedicated to cling film..

mattyfez

Get a roll of the industrial stuff they use for wrapping pallets in warehouses 🙂

http://www.kitepackaging.co.uk/mcp/pallet-wrap/

Cougar

Ye gods. I’ve edited your URL so that it fits on one page.

Cougar

Also – I wouldn’t expect that stuff to be food-safe and wouldn’t be sure that it’s microwavable either.

Speaking of which, why don’t you just put a plate on top of whatever you’re microwaving? It’s a lot less faff.

mattyfez

Yeh I noticed the length and edited it, lol!

But yeah a plate on top is probably less faff and definitely more environmentally friendly!

Harry_the_Spider

Cheeseball anyone?

Xylene
    Free Member

I saw a reusable clingfilm a while back, made of bamboo or the bark of some eco friendly tree.

I worked with a little punk fella in Newcastle whose things was to get wrapped up in cling film and pegged by whatever random lady he had picked up out that evening. Nice enough guy, but he used to get very protective of the cling film at work.

hols2
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xQ68WHGtVc[/video]

trail_rat
    Free Member

i must say one of my favorite things recently is a systema vented microwave dishes/cups.

great things and easy to clean

Ive never liked the idea of clingfilm in the microwave. i used to do the plate thing but then you end up with another plate to wash.

I generally just eat out of the systema bowl.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

An associate of mine met a lass through tinder, her ‘thing’ was getting her kit aff then wrapped in cling film.

He said it was weird as ****, but the worst bit was trying to get her up the stairs. :mrgreen:

CountZero

Can’t say I have issues with clingfilm tearing in the wrong place when I take it off the roll, unlike bloody sticky tape, which only needs a small nick on one edge of the roll to wreck the whole thing.
    Industrial pallet wrap is excellent stuff for wrapping all your kit on a trolley when going to a festival, stopping it all from falling off if the straps shift.
    I have a roll out in the shed for just that purpose…
    …I would not use it for anything else, mind.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Square of kitchen roll. Run it under the tap, squeeze the excess water out, unfold and stretch over the top of the bowl in the microwave. Bin it when its done.

No cling film, no extra plate to wash. Simples.

Also works with paper towels.

wwpaddler
    Free Member

I find it varies depending on cost. Normal supermarket own brand I have no problems with. Supermarket “value” range is useless and splits all the time.

spooky_b329

That Bacofoil easycut clingfilm is great…however.

My stupid blimming Sainsburys has decided to stop stocking it and the refills…instead going for a whole frikken shelf with about five variants of the foil easycut.

I bought some non-PVC film thinking it looked about the right length for the dispenser…its not. I alo learnt non-pvc film is vbery reluctant to come off the roll, making its cardboard dispenser useless

Edukator
    Free Member
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Clingfilm’ is closed to new replies.