Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Clayton Vale Race Route
  • bikrboi
    Free Member

Hi, was wondering if anyone has ever raced at Clayton Vale mountain bike trails near the Manchester Velodrome? If so, could you give me an idea of what the route was like?

I know the trails well, but I can’t piece together which parts of it would be used in a race.

Thanks!

v12jat
    Free Member
    bikrboi
    Free Member

The route is fine, but the map is a bit dated so I can’t quite work out which routes are being taken. Could you describe it in terms of, e.g.

Red
    Blue
    Red
    Black

etc…

thanks for the rout though, it was just the end where I couldn’t quite work out what was going on! haha

RDL-82
    Free Member

Have not done any of the races there but ride in there all the time as local. Going off the above linked route (I haven’t logged in so just the overview they give) that looks like its all blue on the Newton Heath side then at the end of that blue section it follows the river on the path as far as the bridge in the middle of the Vale then left up the dirt track where the Clayton side Red/Blue end/crossover to the Red/Black, keep going past that, turn right back onto the Blue to the finish taking in just one half of the big bowl.

Could look at it better at home or maybe v12jat can confirm but that’s what it looks like to me. HTH.

bikrboi
    Free Member

So no red or black? That’s a surprise!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Clayton Vale Race Route’ is closed to new replies.