Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Chuffing ‘ell. how much?
  • mlke
    Free Member

I thought I’d invest in some forks for my hard tail thinking credit crunch and all, they’ll be discounted. Rockshox SIDs; Cripes they’re expensive now. £540 for Teams on chainreaction. What’s going on?, don’t they want my money. I thought they’d be 300 and something not 500 and something.
    <sulk>

gonetothehills
    Free Member

It’s not exactly pocket money but Merlin have them at £429.95 – you might have to jump fast as I don’t know if it’s part of their weekend special they’ve had on this weekend.

nickc

Forks have all gone up massively

theflatboy
    Free Member

everything has – we all know about the well-documented shimano hikes, but my avid juicy ultimates that i got for £140 per wheel a few weeks ago are now at SRP of £250 per wheel… outrageous.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

its worth having a goold old shop about, i was after some pike 454 airs and was similarly shocked at the going rate. in the end, about 5 pages further into a google search than i’d normally go i found a shop with some for 380posted – boved as well, not oem.

just wish i could find a deal on a 770xt chainset!!!

the-muffin-man

How the hell they can justify over £500 for any fork baffles me, they’re hardly the most complex things in the world.

…I’m of to buy shares in Girvin – the Flex-Stem will be reborn if fork prices continue to rocket!!! :o)

saladdodger
    Free Member

Eye the prices have gone crazy

Glad I got my dual air rev’s from merlins for £229 last year I dare not look at this years prices

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I bought my RL 853 and Reba Teams from Merlin, last summer, for £400.

Don’t think they’ll be doing quite such good discounts for a while….

Jamie
    Free Member

I bought my Pike 454 U-Turns last summer for £284….they are now £499 😯 .

Madness.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

magura menja’s £170

now £390! Theyr good, but not that good, theyr good ike old skool marzocchi were good, very plush but bob tastic, for £390 i’d epect them to dome something a bit cleverer than the rather basic rebound manages.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

ohhh, check out secondhand prices, i’m no longer upgrading anything! Judgeing by what has/hasn’t sold on ebay recently you could get an entire mid range full susser, little use, couple of model years old for the price of a new set of forks!

GW
    Free Member

er… [pedant]it’s compression damping (not rebound) that controls bobtasticness[/pedant]

Dekerfer
    Free Member

I just sold some mint 2006 Sid Teams for £200 on ebay so secondhand looks like the way to go……the winner got a great deal, I lost approx £250!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

er [pedant]

i was refering to the fact they have not compression damping (and DLO is pants for all but road work). Saying that I wouldnt be suprised if someone works out how to mod them very soon, there was a thread on MTBR not long ago about their internals, just 2 pistons 1 “compression” and one rebound. Tempted if someone works out the right size to ass a shim tt he to of the comression piston so the DLO would turn on a low speed damper fro climbig rather than locking th fork out.

and the rebound damping does affect bob, if you slow the rebound down the fork wont extend between the bobs, just as compression does the opposite.

Still an awesome fork, just dont expec out of the saddle climbing to be much fun.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Chuffing ‘ell. how much?’ is closed to new replies.