Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Chubby Funster.
  • righog
    Free Member

The Bike Not Me……..

So I needed to replace the worn out Mountain Kings on the single speed before I could could go and ride in the snow. I remembered I had a pair of Kenda 2.5’s that I had bough from On One on a whim without checking the size, they had been hanging around for ages. So after quite a bit of wrestling to get them on the skinny rims, and to my surprise they fitted (just) in the Recon front fork. They also fitted in frame as well 🙂

and low the Chubby bike was born.

After a quick spin I let some more air out the tyres, then went on the ride.

The bike performed brilliantly in the snow, getting great bite and spinning along nicely. There was downside as there was a huge amount of drag on anything that was not covered in snow ( the 2 miles road hill back to the house in particular)

The Kenda tyres are massive and the wheel is bigger than a 700c with tyre on.

The ride was great fun but very tiring. I cant wait for full snow night ride.

so how about a new nichete The Chubby ?

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Old hat I’m afraid…

Been running the fastest possible tyres I could on my ss for a couple of years now 🙂 helps being rigid, more room for rubber!

Jealous of all that snow…..:-)

righog
    Free Member

Aaarg Snow going. Really want to try the tyres on pack Ice, but will have to change them to something skinnier if the snow goes.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Chubby Funster.’ is closed to new replies.