Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Christmas weather doom…
  • ohnohesback
    Free Member

The storm forecast for the 23rd/24th looks as if it will be worse than anticipated. Keep a weather eye on this one.

robdob
    Free Member

Yup, might be working on Xmas day because of it!!!

eruptron
    Free Member

Could be worse some of us are suppose to be crossing the Irish sea on Monday evening 😳

oldboy
    Free Member

Hope none of you are taking your weather forecasts from the Daily Express 🙂

Kuco

Told work i’m available apart from Christmas day but considering I wasn’t used for the last tidal surge I might not even bother taking the phone with me when I go out.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Saw a link on faceache, the express were again forecasting loads of snow. Utter tosh!

maxtorque

What happens if Santa gets blown off?

er, perhaps i should rephrase that………

thepurist

maxtorque – could mean a long wait as he only comes once a year…

bearnecessities

Yeah, but when he does he fills your stockings.

Drac

Well he does have a full sack to empty.

MoreCashThanDash

Well he does have a full sack to empty.

Right Drac, I’m going to report you to the….oh…er…..

That really is power you have there!

😆

adjustablewench
    Free Member

White Christmas then?

paladin

Will be at sea next week, not looking at forecasts…..

rusty90
    Free Member

Saw a link on faceache, the express were again forecasting loads of snow. Utter tosh!

The Express has been forecasting death, doom and destruction for weeks now. They get it from an outfit called ‘Positive Weather Solutions’, which is a guy called Johnathon Powell who is a known rogue and charlatan in meteorological circles.
    The Express is so economical with the truth that the Met Office has to put out press releases denying what they claim they said.
    Today’s Express says

BBC weatherman Michael Fish declared confidently: “It WILL be a White Christmas.”

whereas what he actually said was

On Christmas Day there will be wintry showers across Scotland.

ElShalimo

The Express in getting it completely wrong again shocker

CountZero

It’s got to the point where the Beeb’s West Country news presenters ask their Met Office bloke about the Excess forecasts, and you can almost see him doing a facepalm on screen, he’s just too professional to do it. He does heave a big sigh, though.
    WeatherPro, Meteogroup’s app, is my go-to source for weather forecasts.

Kevevs
    Free Member

hmm, my conspiricy theory is that The big supermarkets agree to spend a fortune on advertising in the press, only if the press agree to bang on about incoming crazy winter weather all over their front pages. Supermarkets pile high snow shovels, de-icer, salt,tins of soup, beans and other “essentials” etc at front of stores and rake in the fear-spenditure 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

Does the Express actually print a normal forecast column in addition to their stupid weather articles? If so do they agree ever?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Wind forecast for the next week is err.. very windy and sideways rain.
    http://magicseaweed.com/UK-Ireland-Surf-Chart/1/#?chartType=WMAG&_suid=138769360102406348918159492314

50-80mph winds currently forecast for me (west wales) with low front after low front for the rest of the week. Basically.. windy with rain and sometimes very windy with sideways rain for the next week. No way will it snow.

globalti
    Free Member

That’s one of the best weather sites I’ve seen.

molgrips
    Free Member

Certainly accurate for SE Wales today.. Squally here.

vickypea
    Free Member

I predict a mild, snow-free winter in the north west, as I’ve forked out for winter tyres on my car after last winter’s experience!

butcher

This is the first Christmas I remember where it has never snowed prior to it. Doesn’t make it feel very Christmassy 🙁 so I’m still hoping for some in the next few days.

Local weather forecast (met) says sleet … so there’s a chance yet.

cloudnine
    Free Member

So.. just batten down them hatches and take care if you are going for a ride.. it’s going to get a bit wild. If you re Scotlandish put on a long sleeve shirt. Happy Christmas or whatever religious fairytale we are drinking to and safe riding.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

It’s not all doom & gloom. I now have the perfect excuse for not bothering to go into London on Christmas eve 😀

Greater Anglia Services, Monday 23rd & Tuesday 24th December 2013.
    Last updated: 13:00
    Next update due: 21:00

On Monday 23 December the weather forecast indicates that a storm with winds of up to 70mph will affect our network from around 18:00 and throughout the night. Based on this forecast we have taken a decision to run trains at reduced speeds from 18:00 until the end of the day. These speed restrictions will limit the number of trains that we can run, particularly during the evening rush hour and customers who are able to do so are strongly advised to complete their journeys early. We will publish full details of the reduced evening rush hour service tomorrow.
    On Tuesday 24 December we do not expect to run any trains on any routes across our Network until 10:00. This is to allow us to run train at low speed along each line on our network in daylight in order to check for damage to overhead wires and/or any debris from the storm. This will ensure that we can safely run trains and we will update customers throughout Tuesday morning as lines reopen. Customers are advised not to travel until 10:00 and to check their line is open prior to setting out.

CountZero

From Meteogroup’s Facebook page earlier today:

image by CountZero1, on Flickr

peajay

Countryfile forecast just suggested a low of 927mb could get interesting 😯

project
    Free Member

All passenger trains have been cancelled on the 25 and 26 th of december.Stanstead express wil probably be running though.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Christmas weather doom…’ is closed to new replies.