Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Cheltenham Wednesday evening ride anyone?
  • Stumpi
    Free Member

Staying very near to the Cotswolds in Cheltenham on Wednesday night thanks to work, so have stuck a bike in the boot of the car in the hope I’ll get some riding in.
    Can anyone advise of a route or even better offer a couple of hours guiding? Beers on me.

Will have my SS so not looking for a balls to the wall training blast, just a nice long sweaty social..

email in profile or text me on 07775 642731

Cheers, Dave

Stumpi
    Free Member

Have spoke to the guys at Liesure Lakes in Chjeltenham, there is no ride tonight

Does anyone fancy a ride, say 6 6-30 ish, sounds like theres some great riding to be had, be a shame to miss it..

Dave

timbercombe
    Free Member

If you can get up Leckhampton on your SS (should be able to) then there’s some fun to be had up there, rag the DH trails for a bit (found just into the woods, 500m from the viewing/trig point), or head along the obvious path along the top of the hill, you come to a junction where the left is a gulley heading down (one option, take it down, bear left at the bottom and head down again, you’ll end up on Sandy Lane – Charlton Kings (google it)) and the right is a slight flat/uphill stretch there’s a post with cotswold way pointing right and something else pointing left. Head right and follow that for 1.5k ish, you’ll end up at the bottom of a flat walkway, head right from here and you’ll get to a road/farm, take the road and you’ll end up at severn springs. You can now head down the Cirencester Road and back into Cheltenham, or head across the roundabout, second exit from where you turn out, about 11 o’clock, cycle up here for about 1.5km there’s a hill to get up after a while, you’ll see some lorry rest layby’s etc. then it’ll flatten out, just after the brow of the hill you’ll see a ploughed field on your left and layby on your right, there is a hanging sign here, I think, something of significance anyway, it’s basically just over the brow of the hill. Anyway so take the left along the ploughed field, after 800m you’ll be into the woods, go through only about 100m and you’ll be faced with a gate. Go through, should be a pylon to your right, go left across and wind round the hill face for all of 800m till you head down the path, not down the hill face, it follows a wall on your right, hammer down here and you’ll have a gate on your left with fields of cows most likely, and a wooden gate heading into some woods. Go down the woods for 1k or so and you’ll come out the other side (beware quite rutted woods). Now go left slightly just up a little bank, on your left will be down slopes and sheep, head along the pass passing across the bank, through some thorny bushes, then go left down the hill, there’s a clear path and it’s rutted, head towards the gate which is visible down the slope ahead of you. Through the gate, head down the hill bearing right slightly, towards the top right of the woods at the bottom of the hill. Go into the woods (hop the gate), now you can go down the slope to your left, head down there’s a cut path through nettles rather than one which takes a more sweeping corner, take this, then the rest of the track is evident as you go through the woods, you’ll go round the corner, down, there’s a jump, over the jump, swerve through trees, go up a slight slope, cycle along a path which is fairly flat, got a slight man made jump, then roots, head right after the roots following the path, then a little left, then straight heading into the wooded bit, follow through the woods, you’ll come out and go left or right, go right, follow this down, you’ll come out with a slight buck onto the cobbled path and head down this little chute. You’ll then come to a triangle, head down to the left and you’ll end up opposite the Cheltenham park hotel and the Clocktower Inn, your at the bottom of the Cirencester Hill, have a pint and a rest and head back into town (if needs be follow the Cirencester road and you’ll go straight to town). If that sounds any good to you, drop me a text on 07816166484 and I’ll join you/show you about. I’ll be on my Reign X so will be slow on the ups anyway!
    It took me just over an hour on my blur the other day, so should fill two hours with a drink/slower bike.

Stumpi
    Free Member

Nice one Mike,

will see you later on.

Dave

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Cheltenham Wednesday evening ride anyone?’ is closed to new replies.