Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Cheeky Bugga !!
  • Andy-W
    Free Member

Over the last few weeks I have noticed that when I put out my "blue bin" (full of tins,bottles and cans for the recycle collection)
    The next morning before the collection wagon comes all of my alloy cans have gone.

This week I looked on my morning dog walk and most of the street was the same.
    On Tuesday I had a word with the people next door and about a hour ago she comes back with the news that the sneak can theif was spotted !!
    7am Tue morning spotted going through people blue bins and trotting off up the street with two bin liners full of cans to where she lives on the very same street.

Its no big deal but I would rather her ask if she could have them rather than sneaking around the streets.

Also is it legal what she is doing ? and whats the going rate for a old beer/coke can , not more than a penny or two I bet

And would it be rude of me to plott a spot of revenge

Just trying to think what I could do the next time she comes trotting down the street with her bin liners ,,,any ideas boys n girls ??

Andy

avdave2

Perhaps someone could recycle your words and come up with something worth reading. 🙂

ctznsmith
    Free Member

I think it still technically 'belongs to you' until the council take it so it's possibly theft.

She's not doing it right though, check this out. 🙂

Personally if it's not doing you any harm and she isn't causing a nuisance necessarily, if she wants to root through your cans let her.

Big-Dave
    Free Member

Aluminium cans are worth about £500 – £600 a tonne at least(although you need a lot to make up a tonne).

Unless the people picking cans out of your bin are registered waste carriers they are breaking the law. They will also no doubt be p***ing off whoever has the collection contract for your local authority as lost cans means lost revenue, especially as they may be targetting a number of collection rounds.

If you are really bothered about it tell your local authority's recycling officer.

stumpy01

stick a massive jack-in-a-box in your bin……..or get in it yourself armed with a large Bugsy Malone-esque custard pie.

headfirst
    Free Member

Let me get this right: you put your bin out, then check its contents later before its emptied?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Just trying to think what I could do the next time she comes trotting down the street with her bin liners ,,,any ideas boys n girls ??

When you spot her, shout out "I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE UP TO – YOU'RE THE TIN CAN THIEF !"

Then chase after her as she runs away with her bags full of swag, yelling "STOP THIEF ! STOP THIEF !"

Moses

Oh for god's sake, if someone wants to make a couple of bob on the side, let them. Don't be a petty arse.

Around here it's accepted that once something gets put outside, it's there for the taking. Which saves effort on going to the tip, sometimes.

We also have a couple of old blokes who go around collecting metal from skips. So what? They're poor, they make some extra money, where's the harm?

Hairychested
    Free Member

FFS don't you have anything else to worry about? Why don't you take it to the dump if you're so worried about somebody "stealing" your waste?

grumm
    Free Member

Not quite as bad as the people on here who admitted to breaking old TVs etc before taking them to the tip so that no-one else can use them. 😕

Still borderline insanity to worry about such a thing though imo.

iDave
    Free Member

what is it that bothers you? are you upset that someone is more clued up than you? i'm struggling to see why any revenge is called for?

'take that, serves you right for taking away things that i have finished with and was leaving out to be taken way'

I love threads where the OP will probably not re-appear…….

Andy-W
    Free Member

It does not bother me at all I find it rather funny as do the people who live next door to me and also the people that spotted her trotting of with the cans,

Just thought I would share it with you guys for a laugh, maybe next time i will ask what psi to pop in my high rollers or how to kit out the inside of a van and then take pics of it 😉

The funny thing is that the woman who is taking them is a bit of a Hyacinth Bucket wanna be so would be shocked to know she has been rumbled

Kevevs
    Free Member

cheers for the link ctznsmith . Interesting film that.

cranberry
    Free Member

One of these in your blue bin should sort out the problem

Remember: FRONT TOWARDS ENEMY, REAR TOWARDS YOUR HOUSE.

rOcKeTdOg

she's probably repairing a cannondale

xcgb
    Free Member

When we had a litter of pups i went up our road "nicking" newspapers from recycle bins as we ran very short, easier than door knocking!

I am very cynical about the effectiveness of paper recycling anyway

avdave2

DezB
    Free Member

😕

Haze
    avdave2

Over the last few weeks I have noticed that when I put out my "blue bin" (full of tins,bottles and cans for the recycle collection)
    The next morning before the collection wagon comes all of my alloy cans have gone.

This week I looked on my morning dog walk and most of the street was the same.
    On Tuesday I had a word with the people next door and about a hour ago she comes back with the news that the sneak can theif was spotted !!
    7am Tue morning spotted going through people blue bins and trotting off up the street with two bin liners full of cans to where she lives on the very same street.

Its no big deal but I would rather her ask if she could have them rather than sneaking around the streets.

Also is it legal what she is doing ? and whats the going rate for a old beer/coke can , not more than a penny or two I bet

And would it be rude of me to plott a spot of revenge

Andy

There you go Andy I've recycled some of those letters for you. I hope your not too upset about me pinching them. 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Did you know the highest concentration of gold anywhere on earth is Tokyo's sewer system?

My mum did the fundraising to get a preschool built at my primary school many many years back, one of this things they did was collect cans (this was back in the day when blue peter had their own recycling bins at supermarkets doing the same thing). After several months and many many trips in the car stuffed to the brim with crushed coke cans they got a cheque for a pittifull ammount. Even at 90's petrol prices they may as well have just donated the petrol money! The smelters said they couldn't make money on it even buying at that price (I think they chipped in and donataed some money to the school to try and make the effort/reward seem a bit more worth it) and relied on money from local authorities as it was a form of waste disposal.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Cheeky Bugga !!’ is closed to new replies.