Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • cheapo hardtail
  • felixdamouse
    Free Member

hi guys,

looking for a cheapo hardtail mainly for scooting about town, trips to work, runs to the shop etc got a yt capra pro and don’t want to leave it in town. looking to spend £500 or slightly more any recommendations?

binners

I’d go for pre-loved. In fact, for what you describe I’d just build up a cheap single speed rat/hack bike for a couple of hundred quid

If I was going new for 500 squid, I’d just get one of these. Or have a look on Pauls Cycles, and see what they’ve got for that price. This looks ideal.

It’ll probably still get nicked though, if you leave it in town. Build a cheap hack up from bits off the classifieds and what you’ve got in the garage, instead.

jekkyl

best time of year for 2nd hand bikes, get on any/most cycling groups on FB and there are tons for £200-£500.

chakaping
    Free Member

Think of some decent £500 – £800 HTs from a few years ago and search eBay for local ones with a low starting price.

Bet you’ll get something nice for a steal.

takisawa2

A Carerra Subway blends into the background.
    If you do buy something S/H but posh I’d remove the branding.

MoreCashThanDash

Subway sounds ideal. Suspect Halfords are selling quite a few decent spec Carrera and Voodoo bikes at competitive prices this time of year.

felixdamouse
    Free Member

binners, typical with the cannondale no mediums. looking to buy new and just chuck it on finance. funds are low since buying the capra pro 3 weeks ago and kitting it out the way I wanted. so new only unfortunately

binners

How about this one Felix? Bargain. Its even got Small Block 8’s on already. The ideal scooting about town tyre. Its amazing how much bike you can get for that type of money nowadays.

binners

OOPS. Double post.

felixdamouse
    Free Member

will have a look at it, some good lunch time reading. what about these? the only problem is the retailer and its not in the sale 🙁 http://www.mbr.co.uk/reviews/hardtail/voodoo-bizango-29er-review-2013

stumpy01

Pinnacle Colbalt or Lithium?

felixdamouse
    Free Member

lithium isn’t hardtail the cobalt is a bit hybridy for my tastes. I want something I can ride locally and have some fun on aswell, perhaps the odd blue route with the old man.

ollybus
    Free Member

Bought one from here: http://www.merlincycles.com/beone-mountain-bikes-65298/
    I went for the Spirit Comp, I’m really happy with mine!

chakaping
    Free Member

Careful if you get a 29er, you might start wondering if the Capra was the right bike.

felixdamouse
    Free Member

ha ha I know the capra’s the right big. 650b FTW haha

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘cheapo hardtail’ is closed to new replies.