Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Cheapest place in Bristol to buy carpet underlay?
  • Special_ized_Jamie

I need 3mx3m of carpet underlay ASAP and ideally as cheap as possible anyone got a suggestion of the best place to look?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

How urgently?

Special_ized_Jamie

Need it by sat morning!

Left it to the last min and wife has just found out do unless I get it sorted I’m in the dog house for a wee while!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Let me text someone. No promises though.

jon1973
    Free Member

if the worst comes to the worst, you can always pop down B&Q.

Special_ized_Jamie

Cheers DD!

yeah B&Q is my last resort as i it looks as if they do it but as its not there main thing they seem to charge the earth

clubber
    Free Member

don’t know if they’re absolutely the cheapest but these guys are good value and helpful. in fact I’ll be round there tomorrow looking for some new carpet.

http://www.bristolflooring.co.uk/

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Someone’s having a look in his store in the morning. If he has it, I’ll see him tomorrow and get it from him and we’ll sort out getting it to you on tomorrow evening. I’m at somebody’s birthday drinks at the Noval Scotial from around 8 on tomorrow evening. If Tim can’t get some in the morning, I’ll post here first thing.

There are lots of carpet places out in Longwell green if it comes to it. Surely one of them would sell you an off cut cheaply.

Mintman
    Free Member

Carpet Giant in Yate might be worth a call if you’re nearby.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Carpet clubber?!? 😐

clubber
    Free Member

‘fraid so. attic conversion so wood would be too noisy.

Besides, wood flooring I do myself 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m sure you’d do a great job.*

*Standard line. 🙂

Special_ized_Jamie

Thank you all!

You have done a lot better than my frantic google searching which after a few attempts started to bring up this forum thread!

clubber
    Free Member

already have done a couple of times DD but thanks for your concern 😉

mind you I do hate doing it so probably would get someone in next time…

DCW
    Free Member

A few years ago we purchased carpet from Carpet Right and thought we got a good deal….until we saw how much we were paying for the underlay!…… We discovered that B&Q were selling better quality underlay for half the price so if I were you I would have no qualms purchasing from B&Q.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I have your underlay Jamie. Can you pick up from Nova Scotia this evening at around 2000? email in prof.

clubber
    Free Member

Don’t forget the red carnation 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You try to do an STWer a decent turn and still the haterz can’t help themselves. 😐

clubber
    Free Member

You’re right. I know you’re still a bit sensitive over BOD 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Eh? I’m lost now…the opinions of a plastique? Meh.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Cheapest place in Bristol to buy carpet underlay?’ is closed to new replies.