Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Cheap Things Tuesday: Briskers, bibshorts, lights and stuff
  • Ben_Haworth

Hello, good morning/afternoon/evening* and welcome to the third majestic edition of CTT. Very much to companion piece to Fresh Goods Friday.

By ben_haworth

Get the full story on our front page at:

Cheap Things Tuesday: Briskers, bibshorts, lights and stuff

We need your support – Find out how you can help by clicking the link below.

stwhannah

Those 7Mesh bibs are my favourite summer bib shorts BTW. Been wearing a pair for a couple of years now (so they do last), nice and cool under baggies in the summer, even if they do look a bit fetish when revealed!

matt_outandabout

^ yeah, I just showed mrs_oab the picture as her summer shorts are worn out. Her first reaction was ‘kinky!’….

charliedontsurf

The Dayblazer light looks amazing value. I remember back in the 90’s having a Specialized light costing about £25. It punched out something like 10w (lumens had not been invented back then) and ate a set of Duracells in an hour, and cost more per hour to run than I earnt as a pizza chef per hour.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I have that UGOE light on my commuter.
    I wouldn’t want it on an MTB, beam pattern is a bit too wide for any real distance vision.
    Also the battery pack doesn’t really fit snugly and can wobble around.

Rubber_Buccaneer

^ yeah, I just showed mrs_oab the picture as her summer shorts are worn out. Her first reaction was ‘kinky!’….

I have a couple of pairs of the gents version and love them. Cool, comfortable and handy pockets. Most definitely underwear though

johnjn2000

Just had a quality issue with the pad in my 7Mesh MK3 Bibs. Bear in mind they were 2 years old and worn multiple times a week, customer service response “Really sorry about this, it shouldn’t happen, would you be happy if we sent you out a replacement set to compensate for this issue?” WTF? YES, of course I would be happy! Not often you see this level of customer service and product support. Keep buying from the good people 🙂

desperatebicycle

Those 7Mesh shorts look like something that would come to the door on Halloween 😲

benp1

Those bib shorts would go really well with my Brynje super thermo tops

darlobiker

Been wearing a pair for a couple of years now

Blimey, must a bit ripe by now.

ampthill

Beaten too it by @darlobiker

It’s a busy job being an editor, no time to change

bikesandboots

Briskers and the MET helmet are always available at those prices.

momo

Just be warned the Briskers size up smaller than the non hydromatic ones. Mine arrived yesterday and will have to go back, I’m already on XXL in the regular Briskers so these are a no go for me

geomickb
    Free Member

Yeah, same here. My non hydro pair are M and can’t get my hands in the M hydro ones.

nixie

And me, L in brisker and have had to reorder the XL hydromatic.

dove1

Same for me. Wear XL Briskers but the XL Hydros I bought last week are flippin’ tiny. I can barely get them on and once on I can’t bend my fingers.
    Have 100% got a random size sticker machine?

Whydot

I use a Dayblazer 1500 as my helmet light for night riding. Excellent bit of kit, bought as an upgrade for the 1000 which still gets occasional use. Highly recommend, particularly for that price!

Northwind

The pedals aren’t really cheap for what they are- discounted, sure, but they’re fairly generic ht or ht copy pedals, you can get better for less.

bikesandboots

Briskers and the MET helmet are always available at those prices.

I take half of that back – these are the Hydromatic variant.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.