Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Cheap Merino anywhere?
  • cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Anyone know of anywhere that does reasonably priced merino? Don’t want anything fancy or branded, just 100% merino long or short sleeve t-shirts. Seems the going rate is £30 a pop, but wanted to buy a few, so chepaer is better.

Thanks.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Keep an eye out for Aldi offers. I’ve had Merino from there a couple of times.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Thanks. I’ve had occasional success with Sports Pursuit too, but wondered if there was a regular retailer out there.

chewkw
    Free Member

TK Maxx has some Icebreaker something like that for around £16 to £19.

🙂

dashed
    Free Member

Sports Pursuit got a merino sale on at the minute 😉

binners

On One always have cheap merino in. Its decent quality kit too

djflexure

[url=http://www.sportpursuit.com/sales/

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Totally missed the Sports Pursuit sale 😳

All sorted and ordered. Thanks!

lapierrelady

Quecha is quite good too

maccruiskeen

Quecha is quite good too

I’ve had good stuff from there – preferable to my patagonia merino, which is size and shape of a garment when it comes out of the wash but then gets all weird and distended as the day progresses and looks like its trying to escape from under whatever else I’m wearing.

My Quecha/ Decathalon stuff is nice to wear and stays in shape but its labelled only was wool, not merino. In colder weather I just wear cheap, fine knit, merino jumpers from H&M (about £14) or TXMAXX as a base layer. Usually ones I’ve shrunk in the wash and are a bit too snug for outer wear.

vondally
    Free Member

Decathlon stuff as above far better than my Patagonia

look for their tech wool stuff

they had trespass merino wool base layers 17 pounds in stockport

tk good option but go rooting

Sportspursuit Devold was an excellent buy/brand

or you can put up a wanted ad???

Also do you need merino???Prefer manmade honestly……

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

On One always have cheap merino in. Its decent quality kit too

They used too. 23 quid for a T isn’t cheap, its competing with premium brands. They used to regularly do em for 15 quid, and ours is still going strong. They lost the plot trying to take own brand upmarket when their whole rep is cheap and cheerful.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Also do you need merino???Prefer manmade honestly……

I run quite hot and sweat a fair bit, I find the man made stuff gets an ingrained stink to it that merino doesn’t.

vondally
    Free Member

I am a heavy sweaty fellow and find that merino soaks through in no time and is heavy and cold as a base layer………..used as a mid layer okay,, wash manmade in persil wool and silk and it has survived pretty unsmelly for a good few years

manmade aldi and decathlon been great and they are cheap

MoreCashThanDash

fwiw I find bamboo stuff the best compromise between man made and merino – Aldi did some great t-shorts a while back for a fiver

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Cheap Merino anywhere?’ is closed to new replies.