Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • cheap and decent food in central London?
  • jools182
    Free Member

Might be staying in London for one night but will be arriving late-ish on a friday

I’ll be around the Tate/Vauxhall/Westminster area

Will be looking for something inexpensive to eat

Any suggestions?

teadrinker
    Free Member

I do like a Wagamamas

njee20
    Free Member

Whilst I feel that falls down on both counts! Over priced and shit.

Go for a walk – choose an independent nearby that suits! The Chandos pub on Trafalgar Square is very cheap, not stunning quality though!

joolsburger
    Free Member
    lunge

Brasserie Zebel was recommended to me, it’s pretty good and very cheap. It’s at Piccadilly which I know is not overly close to Westminster but it’s not too bad.

jonnym92

Honest Burgers.

Cafe in the Crypt.

dknwhy

Cask pub and kitchen in Pimlico?

MrsPoddy
    Free Member

India YMCA clicky clicky

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Asking for a restaurant that serves good food that’s cheap, is like expressing surprise that someone has bought a bike for the price of which, they could have “bought a car” don’t you think?

sandwicheater
    jambalaya
    Free Member

Suggest you try and find a pub with decent-ish food or a curry house. Vauxhaul will be cheaper than Westminster.

MrSmith
    Free Member

wahaca

alfabus
    Free Member

Dirty Burger (out the back door of Vauxhall station). Not cheap as takeaway burgers go, but cheap compared to a restaurant meal. Damn tasty too 🙂

Oh and Zeitgeist on Black Prince Road for copious amounts of German fried stuff (schnitzel etc) 🙂

joolsburger
    Free Member

There’s a tapas place called Pico right near the station at Vauxhall. Try there very good.

funkhouser
    Free Member

WAHACA Southbank.

if you dont love it send me the bill…

voodoo_chile

Wahaca is great on the south bank

LHS
    Free Member

Find the nearest Busaba.

kayak23

Next to the national portrait gallery, an Egyptian street food place. Blummin lush and good value.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, Cask is excellent.

Also in Pimlico, Uno and Paradise, Italian and Curry respectively. On Denbigh Street, next door to each other. The Calzone Uno or fish soup are the pick in the former. Lamb tikka karahi in the latter (it’s not on the menu, though!)

Kazan, a little further towards Victoria station is also very good.

bmh25
    Free Member

Belgos central,or there’s one in Holborn,nice food with a decent price tag to match.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

For cheap eats…..

http://wongkeilondon.com

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And, erm, excellent service, Cheezy!

😀

tor5
    Free Member

Try flatiron on Beak St. Lots of little gems in Soho… Brindisa for tapas, bodeans for a rib/BBQ joint, lots of noodle,sushi and thai places that I can navigate to but not name!

Nonsense
    Free Member

The Black Dog near Vauxhall does quite nice pub food.

redstripe
    Free Member

Go to a tescos, co-op or waitrose just before they close and buy the cheap stuff they have marked down to get rid of, or do some bin diving around the back for free, cheapest way to eat in London

MrSmith
    Free Member

Try begging outside a McDonald’s

Pigface
    Free Member

Didn’t I read that Wonk Keis was closing down 🙁 where now to get abused by angry waiters 😆

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘cheap and decent food in central London?’ is closed to new replies.