Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Charity begins at home. Anyone got any unwanted tools – for charridy mate…
  • wysiwyg
    Free Member

I work at a rough and ready school in Notts and am starting up a bicycle related project to keep some of the kids out of trouble. Were taking old non claimed stolen bikes from the police, tarting them up and sending them to a charity that sends them to africa.

The school has given me the go ahead to start work, but havent got any funds for equipment. So has anyone got any old tools they dont use any more? Im talking anything from screwdrivers and allen keys to stuff like a stand or track pump.

WHY?

w

bagpuss72
    Free Member

I’m a fundraiser in the 3rd sector (disability) but worked as a project manager working with similar sorts of groups of kids but doing conservation work. I know its not much use straight off but if you want any help writing a small bid its the sort of thing there’s TONNES of money about for at the moment ticks alot of boxes sounds good!

PLus post something on freecycle I’ll bet there’s loads of people locally who’d give you stuff, the press would like that as a story too 😀

Debs

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Just put a freecycle ad up, good thinking. Been mailing some companies without a lot of success thus far.

The funding option may be the one to go down. Have got a form from Veola the local recycling group. Any other ideas?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

ooh which school? or where?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Not city, Ollerton Comp. Work with the Special Ed (hard to teach alt curriculum) kids.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Why not ask those nice chaps down at tuxford? 🙂

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Which ones may they be?

Zedsdead
    Free Member

wysiwyg – organise a bag packing day at your local supermarket with your kids. You’ll make £1000 no bother in my experince… That’s a pretty good start.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Charity begins at home. Anyone got any unwanted tools – for charridy mate…’ is closed to new replies.