Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Chamois cream recommendations – help keep my undercarriage tidy
  • theotherjonv

I used to use the Udderly stuff, but then I believe they reformulated it and include a parabens preservative which lead to me getting a nasty nipsy rash.

chakaping
    Free Member

Buttonhole from PX. Mintier than Assos, half the price just as effective.

Price is good. Is it thick or sloppy?

AntLockyer
    Free Member

As to enjoying the feeling a bit too much, probably. I also like using gold bond body powder for non bike pursuits, similar medicated coolness. Neither as good as the feeling when I used to race cyclocross though, that burning leg feeling and the smell was very addictive.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I use the Rapha stuff but only if on 100k + rides or it’s very cold and wet or hot.

slowoldman

I used to use it years ago with “real” chammy. I don’t seem to feel the need these days with synthetic pads, but then the most I’m out now is 4-5 hours on MTB which isn’t the same as sitting all day on a road bike. Or maybe by bum’s just like a piece of leather now.

teamslug
    Free Member

I got some buttonhole on Kryton57’s recommendation. Don’t think its quite as thick as Assos. It spreads on nicely and has a nice warming sensation. Be careful where you put it though!!. Before I was using anything that was about ie: wifes creams and lotions etc til she pointed out her L’Occitane hand cream is £28.00 a tube 8O. She has nice soft hands though.

theotherjonv

She has nice soft hands though.

You should get her to use her L’Occitane hand cream to massage into your nethers before you go riding. Two birds, one stone.

sam_underhill

I see waitrose baby bum stuff mentioned earlier in the thread. I picked some of this up when I forgot my normal assos stuff on my last trip. I’ve not looked back. Cheap as chips. It’s made of olive oil, I think, with a nice vanilla scent. It does the job of anti chaffing very well.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Thanks Zero cool and Milky1980, been using Chapeau Chamois Cream for a long time, it does a the job and I think it is good, but as I not tried many other Chamois Creams was interested to get other opinions.
    Interesting you both compared it Assos cream!

onandon
    Free Member

I’ve never used product even riding 100+ miles, however, curiosity has gotten the better of me an I’ve ordered some assos stuff from CRC.
    Not sure how having a minty hole will help my cycling but you never know, could be a revelation.

chakaping
    Free Member

You can’t beat a minty hole.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Chamois cream recommendations – help keep my undercarriage tidy’ is closed to new replies.