Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • chameleon. seriously what makes it soo good?
  • rossi46
    Free Member

null

Love mine, i’ve had one since 1996- this one since 2004 (i broke the headtube on the other one)- it does everything and takes some serious stick!
    I only broke my first one cos i did trials in the street on it- and it finally died on a 6foot drop.
    I can do Welsh trail centres on it, all day XC rides- all i need to do is put skinnier tyres on, swap the flatties for spuds and whip the short stem off and stick a longer one on there.
    I do downhill on it (albeit slower than the full sus boys), and dirt jumping too.
    I do have an Intense Spider too which i keep for the XC stuff, but sometimes i just get the Chameleon out for the XC stuff because its just so much fun!

Rickos
    Free Member

I bought one of the first batch of EBB models in large and it just felt too high and XC-stylee for the riding I was doing. I mean, the biggest attribute for me was how well it climbed, which just isn’t what a Chammy is about! Sold it after about 8 or 9 months, but I still had a niggle niggling away. Anyway, bought a medium pre-EBB model and it’s so different. Lots of fun. Makes me wonder if the medium EBB version would have been OK, but I still think the BB is too high on that one.

Anyway, my tuppence worth – short back end makes it easy to loft the front and short wheelbase overall with not too slack angles on the front make it still sharp enough to enjoy in the twisties. Great fun.
    My old EBB version –

Muddy Chameleon by Rick T., on Flickr
    My ‘new’ old one –

IMAG0164 by Rick T., on Flickr

rossi46
    Free Member

Heres the image that should have appeared in my previous post- i just learnt how to post a pic on here!! Hahahaha.

And while im feeling pleased with myself heres another one of my chameleon with some nice “Ghetto” scenery……

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘chameleon. seriously what makes it soo good?’ is closed to new replies.