Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Chainless bikes!
  • doncorleoni
    Free Member

Hi all… We don’t sell these it’s just a hobby for now but really interested to see what you guys think of something that’s a bit different! I thought you may be interested.. I have posted before but we have been working on this concept for a while!

Bit of a change from all the bad stuff going on 🙂

https://postimg.cc/jnrFz6fP

https://www.facebook.com/TBikes-983643645051118/

mick_r

Just saw in the last thing made thread.

That folder was honestly the best thing at Bespoked (and that was the year before you exhibited). The packaging advantages are perfect for something that still fits like a “proper” bike.

And now see self built epicyclic hub – brilliant stuff.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Thats awesome!

How does the gearing work? Is it a virtual 1:1 chainring:sprocket then the planetary gears drop it to something useable?

Do the pedals move in a circle or an ellipse?

Could you tune the pedal stroke to make it more efficient than a circle?

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Hey guys thanks! Yes we were at bespoked in the new random/upcoming/novel bike display bit a few years ago. We have day jobs which get in the way unfortunately (tank transmission and automotive gearbox design so kind of know what we are doing… ish)

Pedal motion is more like a step machine… More up and down (hence the patent on banana drive)… Its a bit like an oval chainring to ride. Much better for the knees (I have really broken knees from multiple rugby injuries so this helps alot – one of the reasons I developed the bike)

The rear hub has 3 gears… Low, mid and high duplicating the range of a 32/36 chainring / cassette combo.

Great thing with hub drives is you can shift stationary… And also under heavy load.

If anyone is local to swinley please let me know and be happy to meet for a demo! Keen to get more feedback on how it rides

Cheers!

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Yeah the magic is in the rear hub…

[url=https://keyboardtester.co/keyboard-tester]key checker[/url]

epicyclo

That’s an interesting bike.

I had an Alenax TR8 500.

It’s a fascinating concept. The hardest part was avoiding having your legs working again each other at the dead spot when trying to get going. Probably easier for single speed riders who are used to being out of the saddle rather than people used to spinning.

It also had an ingenious method of varying the ratio. If you look at the arm coming off the crank, you’ll see it’s slotted. The position of the chain on that determined the ratio.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Interesting, would like to see the folder, ideally on a site that doesn’t take me to a scam advertising page.

Poopscoop

I absolutely love the idea and engineering op. Great stuff.

Only thing I would say is I’m not sure how many “cyclists” would be interested? It would certainly be a niche product but of course you already know that.

Not being negative though, it’s bloody great.👍

crogthomas
    Free Member

I’d love to give that a go. Message me. How do those rod ends cope with the Swinley grit?

tomhoward

I see you’ve delved in to the cesspool of FB marketplace…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

If anyone is local to swinley please let me know and be happy to meet for a demo! Keen to get more feedback on how it rides

I’m just up the road so might take you up on that

FB-ATB

Great, just after we’ve all bought tins of putoline for our chains!

epicyclo

I’d love a go on that too.

Be interesting to compare it to the Alenax system.

Trimix
    Free Member

Love it. That ups the niche points to the max 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Chainless bikes!’ is closed to new replies.