Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Central serous retinothapy…. Anyone on here?
  • Shinythings
    Free Member

Normally the last to air my laundry……… But interested in hearing from others.
    Scared the crap out of me until the hospital diagnosed as soon as I had a scan.
    Anyone had it on here?… Did you get a repeat?… What oddities to your vision?

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

I don't know alot about it- don't know if there are any opticians/opthalmologist on here. I did refer a middle aged lady as an emergency to the local eye clinic last year with rapidly deteriorating vision who turned out to have CRS and i seem to remember she recovered spontaneously

little on it bar what's on wiki but prognosis is excellent

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_serous_retinopathy

Del

Some sufferers have partaken in (double blind placebo) marijuana therapy trials and symptoms have subsided

😯

Burchy1
    Free Member

The "type A personality" has also been linked to this condition

Type A definition
    Type A individuals can be described as impatient, time-conscious, concerned about their status, highly competitive, ambitious, business-like, aggressive, having difficulty relaxing; and are sometimes disliked by individuals with Type B personalities for the way that they're always rushing.

Shiny – exactly as i'd have decribed you 😉
    [Disclaimer – some artistic cutting and pasting may have been used to form this conclusion]

Shinythings
    Free Member

Who said that?.. is that you?… come out of the dark

I've kept it quiet from you lot really, but man it was a relief to find it wasn't Diabetes, AMD, or worse (stopping me from riding!?).
    Expecting it to clear up in a month.Have some more scans to go through, but prognosis is good.

Del, Do you get double blind after the trials?

Dave, I haven't got bloody time to waste with you, I'm busy!

clareymorris

MrCm had it and it went away all on its own, luckily, as no-one seemed to know what to do about it. Although maybe that is becuse it goes away on its own?!

Shinythings
    Free Member

Aparently some go with no harm (as MrCM) and bizzarely enhanced vision (?!), some require laser treatment which leaves scarring and some rarely get repeats which badly affects binocular balance.
    Hey ho..fingers crossed. Certainly scary when you wake up and find you can't focus on anything and it's all warped.

Junkyard
    Free Member

i have keratoconus* and have had a corneal transplant in my left eye and will get one in my right eye within next 4-5 years. There was a time when I was terrified of going blind but seem stablish at present. Left eye- tranplant one is still very weak. I never turn to the left as i cannot see if I do this…you adapt basically
    Had some great times at Dr my favourite being i have a total topogrophy map of both eyes that also shows the thicknes of my cornea – looks great.
    Worst two were having stitches removed from my eye without anaesthic using a needle -not at all nice and him telling me to relax was not helpful- you could feel the stitches beinfg pulled /stretched as they came out. Bleeding from the left eye which I noticed because the blood dripped onto my cheek not by the vision being impaired!!
    Sure everything will be OK.
    *Keratoconus (from Greek: kerato- horn, cornea; and konos cone), is a degenerative disorder of the eye in which structural changes within the cornea cause it to thin and change to a more conical shape than its normal gradual curve. means glasses wont work as like looking through a prism.

scuttler

I had it 5 years back and it went away of its own accord. I fitted the bill as a middle aged man (32 at the time) with the exception that I wasn't (or shouldn't have been) stressed at the time as I'd put my career on hold and was spending most days being a house husband, riding bikes and surfing in Australia. Maybe it was the stress of hanging out the washing or choosing which beach to go to.

I seem to remeber marking some axes on a bit of blank paper and then staring at it to monitor the extent of the blurs/blobs/reduced acuity. It was there for around 2 months. I'm not aware of any subsequent visual problems but right now I'd rather be back in Oz with a wonky eye…

Matt

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Central serous retinothapy…. Anyone on here?’ is closed to new replies.