Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • cateye sensor lost at lee quary at bottom of black run drop off steps
  • Grimy
    Free Member

If any of you good chaps go riding at lee quarry soon could you please look at the bottom of that black run stepped drop off section near the beginning of the loop for a cateye wheel speed sensor.

I bailed somewhat spectacularly there on Sunday by veering off to the left too much as I left the last step and landed the front wheel hard against a rock in the side of the slope. The front tyre exploded, the rim pringled, bending right back to the disc and split across the weld and I went for a flying lesson. Luckily not too hurt but it did end my ride early and I had to push the bike back to the car on the back wheel with the remains of the front strapped to my bag.

I got off fairly lightly with a small graze and bruising thankfully, but the cost of the new wheels hurting and now I’ve just realised the wheel speed sensor must have come off too. If you’d have a look on your travels I'd appreciate it. Thankyou

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I've got a spare one at home I think…

If yer local to Lee Quarry, then i can get it to you no dramas at all..

enfht
    Free Member

Lee Quarry you say…did it look anything like this?

wors

I bailed somewhat spectacularly there on Sunday by veering off to the left too much as I left the last step and landed the front wheel hard against a rock in the side of the slope.

I did the exact same thing a couple of months back, didn't bend my wheel though 8)

Grimy
    Free Member

enfht, It looks the same as this one sorry

Teetosugars, I live in manchester near the trafford center unfortunatly, so not that local. If only I was a bit nearer I'd be there now searching for the bugger, and looking up wondering where it all went wrong. If you have a spare though, can I send you some beer tokens in exchange for it? 🙂

Grimy
    Free Member

Wors, I think I know what I did wrong. I didnt notice that the edge of the steps were at a slight angle to the direction of the trail and although I've ridden in before, you cant see the landing as you exit. I exited the drop square to the step, sending me to the left of the path, and into that bolder 😆 The bang as the tyre exploded said that it hadnt gone well 😆

My three mates were more intrested in the state of my bike than weather I was ok! but they did say it was the best crash theyve seen in years 8) Wouldnt mind but we'd had a camcorder out just minutes earlyer but missed my carnage.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘cateye sensor lost at lee quary at bottom of black run drop off steps’ is closed to new replies.