Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • casio edifice watches
  • jon1973
    Free Member

Anyone got one?

They look pretty smart. Was looking to get myself a nice watch. Really pleased with my g shock which I’ve had for a few years now, great for riding, very tough. Looking for something a bit smarter and liked the look of this one…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

How annoyed would you be if you were Vettel?

Christian: Hey Seb, guess who we’ve got sponsoring our watches this year?
    Seb: Bretling
    C: no
    S: Rolex?
    C: No
    S: Tag?
    C: No
    S: Hublot?
    C: no
    S: who then?
    C: Casio
    S: ****

I_Ache
    Free Member

Meh, I don’t like the blue or the Red Bull emblem.

geoffj

There are some classy looking edifices out there for decent money – go solar and they are as good as the Seiko autos IMHO

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Gopping. And any association with F1 is an instant turn-off. You can keep your special websites and BS marketing. Just stick to what you do well: Making good, tough and cheap watches without brand BS.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

And any association with F1 is an instant turn-off

+1

The older I get the more I realise that we are all pawns of the great marketing machine (GMM), and F1 is up there with the best of them, alongside football. Everyone gets sucked in.

Just get a swatch – much lighter than pimp watches so more comfortable, especially on the bike. And it tells the time.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Over complex, untidy and too garish for my money.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Watches with hands need numbers and maybe the date. That’s about it. Anything else just looks silly and awkward to me.

This is mine. It’s all I need.

jamj1974

I think the above means they don’t have one OP…

But you did get some unasked for criticism though!

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I’ve had a look at a few and some are quite nice in a more formal gshock kinda way. That one in the picture isn’t one of them though.

stuey
    Free Member

I’ve got an old wave-ceptor solar that similar – It’s big down side is the time it takes to toggle through all the functions: pressing the ‘wrong button’ causes the hands to spin around for ages to display ‘new settings’ …. do the newer edifice ones switch mode quicker?

RustySpanner

That’s quite nice;

..as it that;

mikey74
    Free Member

I quite like this one:

Amazon Linky

iolo
    Free Member

This is mine.
    Bloody awful phone but the clock is very good

cynic-al
    Free Member

Looks great on your wrist too.

neilnevill
    Free Member

for pretty similar money (well, ~10% more) to that red bull edifice you could get this

which has an excellent swiss automatic movement, sapphire crystal, solide screwed link bracelet, great quality all round, 300m water resist and is a pretty nice Sean Connery ‘Bond’ submariner homage (well…the ref 6200 mainly)

or if you prefer the modern submariner then for about 10% less than the edifice you could have this
    which is just as good as the bond sub and clearly better VFM. Watches are a personal choice but I know which I’d have.

martymac

i have an older triple sensor one, got it discounted in a sale, (its the prw 1500t) its a solar waveceptor, so it never goes flat, keeps perfect time etc.
    i would buy another one, cant say better than that really.

CountZero

Watches with hands need numbers and maybe the date. That’s about it. Anything else just looks silly and awkward to me.

Exactly. That Edifice at top is far too fussy and complicated for me, and I’ll bet that most who own one will never use more than a couple of their functions.
    Aphex_2k’s Luminox is much more to my taste.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘casio edifice watches’ is closed to new replies.