Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Cars overtaking cyclists
  • epicsteve
    Free Member

The one I've got fits into the end of the bar. I found it pretty decent on a previous commuter build, however that one had risers and the current one has flats and bar-ends, and I'll have to see if it'll still work with that.

GavinB

seeing as this is now drifting wildly

Surely not on STW… 🙂

I get passed on quite a few days of the week by a very flash Audi R8. It doesn't bother me that its normally going too fast, but it does when it passes so close I could check whether my helmet is on straight in his wing mirror (well nearly)!

cheers_drive

Normally the speed doesn't bother me just how close they get or especially how early mothers in 4×4 pull in again. At this time of year most of my riding is at night and with there being so many potholes now I generally ride in the middle of the lane anyway, forcing them to overtake properly and giving me breathing space if they don't.
    Tonight was the first time someone has actually driven purposely tried to drive us off the road, it looked like 3 teenagers in a hatchback so they probably thought it was funny to nearly kill us 😈

djglover
    Free Member

I ride home down a badly lit (click) dual 40 that people dive at 60 down. I just use the middle of the nearside lane as its the only way to ensure you get enough room, usually try to hammer it at 25 for that section and then go slow when I get into town

Nick

Most cars will give you loads of space if nothing is coming but if something is then they'll squeeze past, don't know why.

The ones that make me 'laugh' are those that are still on an outward arc way after they have gone past, it's like people that have already moved half way across lanes on the motorway before indicating.

brakes
    Free Member

it's being too close that gets me, sometimes scooters in the bus lanes, but mostly taxis getting too close or cars overtaking when there's a traffic island up ahead and pulling infront – I think some don't realise how quick some cyclists go
    I figure if they're within an arm's length, then they're too close so I give them a tap/ bang on the roof or window to let them know I'm there

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Cars overtaking cyclists’ is closed to new replies.