Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Car recomendations please – £3k to spend
  • GeeWavetree
    Free Member

£3k to spend on a car/car derived van
    Must be big enough to fit a pram in the boot! Be frugal yet fun to drive, not spazzy looking, easy to mount a roof rack for a bike.

Open to you!

stumpy01

Depending on miles, either petrol or diesel Seat Ibiza.

Suprisingly large boot for the size of the car, bike goes in with no problems or on top (depending on what else I'm taking), plenty of engine options (and degrees of poke).
    My 1.9 TDi 130 is plenty quick enough and in the warmer weather is returning great mpg; driving into work today it was up to 60.5 mpg. Even the 100bhp version is quick enough

Should be able to get a decent one for £3k.

My sister has two kids and drives a Polo which is based on the same chassis – easily gets both kids in and associated paraphanelia.

tron
    Free Member

VW Golf. It's the SI unit of car.

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

Boot is too small for a pram and stuff 🙁 had one before!

nosedive
    Free Member

skoda octavia diesel? I just sold a 2004 one for about 3.5 k, massive boot and 60mpg on the motorway. Only thing is that they are a little small in the rear passenger seats, price to be paid for having a massive boot I suppose. We managed to get a massive double buggy in ours.

tron
    Free Member

A Golf boot is? Colour me surprised!

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

Ideally want to get away from the "Mondeo" sized car i have now as it seems daft to lug it around when its just em in it!!

ski
    Free Member

GeeWavetree – Member

Boot is too small for a pram and stuff had one before!

The estate version are ceap to pick up.

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

ibiza estate??

nosedive
    Free Member

octavia is much shorter than a mondeo.

I only want you to buy one so I can sell you my old roofbars

tron
    Free Member

I think he may have meant Golf estate.

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

Anyone own/drive a renault Scenic?

Milkie
    Free Member

Saab 95 Aero Hot Estate ?

ribena
    Free Member

i've got a Golf TDI PD 115. Bought it with full service history at 80k miles. Now at 105k miles the head gasket has blown! Not at all uncommon either from reading on forums (not that reliable i know). its basically not worth repairing given labour costs down south.

anyway, if you getting one for 3k – check the coolant levels before and after a hard test drive. mine leaks from the overflow pipe due to exhaust gas getting into the system.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

For that budget, a Focus every time – if the Golf boot isn't big enough, get an estate and try and get a TDCi (NOT TDI) engine.

A Golf for that money will be too shabby.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Mazda 6 are roomy and ultra reliable + have quite a sorted chassis.

giddyrob
    Free Member

ditch the kid and get an alpha 😉

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Car recomendations please – £3k to spend’ is closed to new replies.