Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Car parks – Sheffield content
  • dannybgoode

We officially have the third coolest car park in the world!! How cool is that?!.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-23800847

Cheers

Danny B

nickhart
    Free Member

It’s just not, we have far more to shout about than a daft car park. We have people, heritage and environment which are far better (IMO) than that structure.
    The best thing about it was when the dame at that years panto was dressed as the building!
    As a car park it’s ok but as a symbol of this fine city it’s not something I’d mention in polite society!

tinman66
    Free Member

Nickhart – Bar Humbug

There may be a potential need to lighten up a bit.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

@Nickhart – yep let’s shout about the NCPM, Park Hill Flats, Don Valley Stadium, Meadowhall, Wintergardens – Sheffield, the culmination of the art of city planning. 😀

EDIT: Let’s not forget Moorfoot, the government bunker at the bottom of the Moor.

martinhutch

Having the 3rd coolest car park in the world is a bit like having the 3rd coolest wart.

nickhart
    Free Member

Winter gardens yep, I love the indoor tropics in the beautiful bent wood structure. Meadowhell, hate it as a place but as a source of commerce and revenue and jobs can’t fail it. Park hill flats, flats with corridors and lifts big enough for milk floats. Ech floor was to represent a street and build neighbourhoods. Forward thinking, flawed thinking but ahead of its time by a century or two.
    Don valley stadium, mmm the student games, what an almighty cock up.
    Ok so I came across as little grumpy but I’m incredibly proud of my city and from where it was when I was growing up to where it is now its barely the same place. Hence me being a little peeved at a car park being classed as a crowning glory….

Rob_S
    Free Member

The Winter Gardens is certainly a huge improvement on the building that used to be there. A place where I worked for 14 years! Student games was not all bad, I’ve seen some great concerts and events at the arena.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Winter Gardens were nice until the hotel next door went up and cast it into shade.
    Meadowhall has killed Rotherham and denuded the city centre of Sheffield, they should have gone for the more radical suggestion of roofing the moor.
    Urban Splash missed the mark with Park Hill’s regeneration, the tram was ill conceived, just because Manchester (flat) had one we had to get one (hilly) when we had a fantastic bus service and the economic damage it did to certain areas of the city when they were building it has left some areas commercially impoverished.
    The people in the city are great and deserving of much better from their public servants.

dannybgoode

@nickhart – I am as Sheffield as Hendersons Relish and mighty proud of this fine city too!

I think the Cheese Grater is cool – for a car park! They nearly held Warp 20 in there but hit licensing issues. Nothing to get peeved about with it getting 3rd best in the world – its by no means the crowning glory of Sheffield – more but a small gemstone in a great big crown of many glories.

Winter Gardens is nice and the new markets on The Moor are looking promising also.

Rob_S
    Free Member

Mmmmmmmm …….. Hendersons………!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Car parks – Sheffield content’ is closed to new replies.