Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • car ownership and insurance question
  • firestarter
    Free Member

dunno if anyone can answer this at all but me and the mrs have a car each im the second owner of mine and she is the second owner of hers but we were thinking of swapping as her zafira would suit the mtb better and my mondeo would be better for her

but if we swap log books over its adding another owner to each car and i presume loosing value but if we dont will the fact that we will be insuring a car that we dont own push up premiums ?

any help app
    thanks

cp

i wouldn't have thought that adding one extra owner would affect value that much!

trail_rat
    Free Member

makes sodall difference to mine ….

its 320 with me owning or 320 with my dad owning(its the old family wagon) – I CBA sending log book off so just left it. We dont even live at the same address

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Don't bother swapping the log books. Waste of time. Insurers are OK if your wife/GF owns the car. We used to do this, MrsPP is always on the log book as women owners look better when you come to sell, but we'd alternate our insurance each year. No probs. 🙂

firestarter
    Free Member

cheers all 😉 looks like no real difference what ever way we do it. thanks

docrobster
    Free Member

as above as long as you are both named drivers on each other's policies it doesn't make any difference. Leave the log books as the are. having an extra owner probably won't decrease value but it certainly won't increase it!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘car ownership and insurance question’ is closed to new replies.