Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Car Insurance, no claims question
  • bauchlebastart
    Free Member

The wife has full no claims but as of last week no longer has a car and therefore has no insurance policy. Does anyone know how long her no claims bonus will stay valid for, she plans has no plans to get another car until the end of the year.

Ta

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Depends on your insurer – mine motorbike one will continue it for up to 3 yrs. some let it lapse as soon as the policy does

Spongebob
    Free Member

If you want to buy insurance online (the easiest way of comparing prices and getting a good deal), you may come unstuck if there are significant breaks in your cover.

If you are happy to make numerous phonecalls to independent brokers – people who know their onions and will go to the trouble, you can probably retain the benefit of your no claims for a year or so. Don’t bank on it though – good brokers are less common these days and most insurers are rigid in the way their criteria are applied.

Del

direct line are pretty good for this i think. for instance they’ll take proof of company car and insurance on that, and allow it as proof of no claims, where many insurers would not.
    you could do a lot worse than ask a few companies what their policy is?

amaan
    Free Member

Looked into this recently, most insurance companies I spoke to only let it lapse for 2 years (i.e no insurance) but as mentioned above some companies allow a bit more, but then the catch is you have to renew with them.

One other thing, make sure you keep your renewal papers with details of your no claims, as the new company will ask for a copy as proof.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Car Insurance, no claims question’ is closed to new replies.