Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Car has just broke down again (less than a month after last repair!!)
  • hora
    Free Member

My car is 110bhp petrol non-turbo. Its fast. All cars that I’ve ever driven have been fast. You don’t need big BHP- what you need is how to pickup the gearing/how it matches the engine and tailor your driving style accordingly IMO.

molgrips
    Free Member

I use the torque every time I accelerate away from a roundabout or corner in a low gear. I like to ease down on the pedal at low revs and the car goes. In my Dad’s car nothing happens so you need to change down a couple of gears.

Passat TD has a rubbish narrow all-or-nothing power band

The old ones did that. It’s been over 10 years since they fitted that type of engine on VW, slightly less with the other brands. Trust me I know my VAG diesels. Since 2008 ish they have used CR diesels which are as refined as any other.

renton
    Free Member

So, No news at the moment.

I phoned the garage Monday morning to tell them the car had been dropped off and what had happened and they said they would look at it but probably not until late Monday or early Tuesday.

How long do I give them before I start pestering them ??

ctk
    Free Member

Ring them tomorrow morning

hora
    Free Member

I hated the CR in a Altea that I hired whereas the 1.9TDI was better- all you have to do is learn to ride the torque and be a smooth driver.

renton
    Free Member

Ive just phoned the dealer and they have said the techie was looking at it yesterday (they have had it since monday !!) and he thinks something is draining the battery…. err no **** sherlock !!!

they wanted my permission to do some more investigation on it ??? i cant say no as the bloody thing doesnt work !

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be up with it??

weeksy

Yeah,

sounds to me like something is draining the battery mate.

HTH.

renton
    Free Member

Cheers weeksy :mrgreen:

🙁

wwaswas

all they can really do is isolate circuits until the problem doesn’t occur anymore.

You coudl do the same by unplugging fuses and seeing what happens. Could be a long process though.

They should be able to actually test for current flow with everything ‘off’ though.

have you got a small child you can shut in the boot or glove box to see if the light stays on? It’s likely to be something like that.

My brother had a bmw that the battery constantly went flat on. Turned out the alarm had some new fancy gubbins in it that put more load on the battery than expected. The bmw main dealer just fitted the biggest amp/hour battery that would physically go in the tray and it ‘solved’ the problem.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Car has just broke down again (less than a month after last repair!!)’ is closed to new replies.