Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Car garage in Edinburgh?
  • Duane…
    Free Member

OK, pretty sure my Focus needs a fair bit of work done on it 🙁
    So, looking for a garage in Edinburgh, ideally nearish to Marmont/south Ed, which will do a good job, but is well priced (Im a student…).

Any recommendations?

Ta, Duane.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Ive always found these guys to be good, honest and fair prices. Oily floor kind of place.

Robert W Brownlie

25A Bankhead Drive
    Edinburgh, EH11 4DN
    0131 453 2200

Duane…
    Free Member

Cheers, bit far (Im EH9), but will bear it in mind.

Whats the general consensus on larger companies vs smaller oily places?

Anyone used National garages? How about Farmers? (http://www.farmerautocare.com/) theres one just down the road.

Ta, Duane.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Brownlie's is near the union canal so I tend bring my bike in the car then cycle home.

Farmers are old Kwik Fit places. Similar service and prices. I'm not a big fan. Dunno about National.

Kit
    Free Member

There's a guy I used to use called Rab Milne, probably same type of places as couldashouldawoulda's. Family mechanic for an ex and her family for a loooong time. Would trust him with anything! I'd completely recommend him. Cheap, reliable and honest. I wouldn't go to any of the bigger places now – simply don't trust them.

Rab's 'garage' (read: shed in a carpark) is in Bonnyrigg, but number 31 bus gets you there and back for a regular single ticket price, no worries! Email me if you're interested.

Gordy
    Free Member

Dave Ward on Lanark Road. Good wee garage. 0131 458 5547.

No idea how close you want the garage to be though. They'll be about 4 miles away but the guys couldashouldawoulda recommended will only be about 5 miles away and you said that's too far. Are you going to have to push the car there or something?

whyter

I've used Farmers in Marchmont (tyres, brakes), and the Marchmont Garage (Thirlestane Lane) (MOT, exhaust), and both were OK. No idea if they were "cheap", but they did OK work. Guy at Marchmont Garage did a free suspension check for me as well, when I though something felt funny. Farmers is now open 8-8 during the week, too, if you're in the library all day 😉

I didn't like the Citi Coachworks – cash in hand, no receipts type of stuff.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Car garage in Edinburgh?’ is closed to new replies.