Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Car dealer question
  • MussEd
    Free Member

Why would a dealership have a car for sale with extremely low mileage? A demonstrator wouldn’t have say 14 or 30 miles…would it?

glupton1976
    Free Member

Delivery mileage. New cars dont come with zero miles on them.

MussEd
    Free Member

But they’re not selling it as new? And where are they delivered from if it’s the same make of car(presumably built in the same place), going to the same dealer, one has 14 miles while the other 30? I’m not being disingenuous just never really been in this situation…

pjm84
    Free Member

Pre registered to meet targets.

I bought a 1 Series BMW this way and saved £4.5k on list price. It had 50miles on the clock. Also told a dealer that I would by a 6 series this way and got a £10k saving off list on a stock car. (Sitting in a lot somewhere!)

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Someone bought it but then died?

Ask them.

Basil

Pre-registration to allow dealer to claim sales target with associated bonus outweighing reduction in car sale price.
    Very popular with Ford dealers some years ago.

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

It sounds like its pre registered where they tax it as if its sold then sell it on…you’ll be the 2nd owner but you’ll get a better price..(they get a kick back for the registered motor)

bigG
    Free Member

Is this not about them registering the car in order to make it appear to have been registered ie sold to achieve targets?

I’ve bought a couple of cars like this before, the previous owner was shown as the garage on the reg document and I paid the price of a second hand car for a car with delivery mileage.

I was told by the garage in both instances that they need to do this to massage sales numbers. Could be total nonsense but both the cars were fantastic and trouble free.

MussEd
    Free Member

That seems to make sense, thank you…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Car dealer question’ is closed to new replies.