• This topic has 144 replies, 71 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by timba.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 145 total)
  • Car damaged by cows in a car park.. Whose insurance / liable?
  • aracer
    Free Member

Will still cost you to claim when it comes to renewal time, just not as much as otherwise – protected NCB is just another insurance policy on your NCB, but doesn’t cover you for increases in the base premium for becoming a higher risk.

Pigface
    Free Member

Don’t get into a beef with the Farmer over this.

Did you open any gates or go over a cattle grid? Seems a bit mad cow to park vehicles in a field you have cows in.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

WOW this is a legendary thread, you couldn’t make this muck up. 😆

nealglover
    Free Member

and you then pay them back a significant proportion of what you’ve claimed, unlike the case if you get the farmer to pay for it

That amount of damage to a T5 is going to cost over £2k easily in parts and body shop labour (at a good repairer)
    Multiple panels to repair or replace and paint, a fair bit of paintwork to repair/repaint, pair of rear lights to replace, door mirror to replace (paint?) and possibly damages electrics.
    £1k won’t even be close.

Mine costs a touch over £200 a year to insure fully comp.

what sort of percentage increase do you reckon the insurers will add, for one non fault claim, that would recover a “significant proportion” of that sort of claim ?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Doesnt really help… Recently I turned up to a RTC where a person had killed a cow in the middle of the road and it had written the car off. The Police didnt know who should be claiming off who.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

That amount of damage to a T5 is going to cost over £2k easily in parts and body shop labour (at a good repairer)

I think that’s probably milking it a bit…

hamishthecat
    Free Member

I think that’s probably milking it a bit…

You’ve really got this punning off pat now.

aracer
    Free Member

I think it’s time to moove on here

wwaswas

I think it’s time to moove on here

Cow puns should definitely be seen and not herd.

Pigface
    Free Member

Pull the udder one

joshvegas
    Free Member

Was there not a thread about this fromages ago?

wwaswas

Was there not a thread about this fromages ago?

We’d better go Caerphilly on the cheese puns, then.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

stretch limousin

<ripple of applause>

Cougar

The Police didnt know who should be claiming off who.

Can’t see why they’d need to know, they’re not insurance underwriters.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

OP’s gone quiet, must be ruminating on the suggestions. I can’t believe the farmer accused the OP of being in the wrong field, how dairy.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Think you’ll need bovine intervention to get this sorted out.

scaredypants

Its smashed off the drivers side mirror, smashed a rear light and cracked the other, dented the boot, dented the rear wing, and put several scratches in the paint work.

You’re lucky not to have had a hoof in the slats, IMO

project
    Free Member

So you drive accross the cows front garden and then complain when they try to mooove you on. A bull would have Hoofed you out and charged you.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Nothing useful to add except maybe next time park in a field full of elephants, they seem far better mannered than cows when around cars
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2015/aug/17/escaped-elephant-crashes-dutch-car-boot-sale-video

konabunny
    Free Member

I don’t know why so many people here are bigoted against cows. I wouldn’t have had you down as a bunch of vache-ists.

welshfarmer

The farmer will be insured, no doubt with the NFU with a minimum of 5 million third party liability (it is the industry standard). He will have informed his insurers about the parking enterprise. When your bill comes in he will hand it to the girl down the local NFU office, who will do all the paperwork and you will get reimbursed. If worried, ask to speak to his insurer and get them to sort out the repair with an nfu approved repair centre. You won’t then even have to handle any of the claim/quote work yourself.

In my experience, the NFU may not be the cheapest insurance but it is consistently the best to deal with (as a farmer anyway), when the shit hits the fan (sounds like it almost did quite literally in this case).

bigjim

so you left one of the several gates open, let the cows in, and one damaged your car? 😉

nealglover
    Free Member

The farmer will be insured…
    …no doubt with the NFU
    ….He will have informed his insurers about the parking enterprise.

Can I have this weekends lottery numbers while you’re on please Mystic Meg 🙂

Pigface
    Free Member

Are we still churning this one over

nemesis
    Free Member

Nah, just chewing the cud now.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Some of these comments really don’t cut the mustard……..

muggomagic

Ooo cow puns.
    Err now what’s left…?

milk it
    cud
    mooove
    udder
    herd
    moo-dy

This is offal there are hardly any left.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Dair-y leave his car in another farmer’s carpark after this episode? I suspect not.

muggomagic

captainsasquatch – Member
    Dair-y leave his car in another farmer’s carpark after this episode? I suspect not.
    POSTED 9 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

He butter not.

benji
    Free Member

I’m now fearful Mrs cloudnine will reverse into something today as it’s way trickier reversing with the mirror missing.

I would be as you are driving a vehicle in a non roadworthy state, as you stated in your earlier post that it was the drivers side mirror, this is an obligatory mirror, and required to be roadworthy, be difficult at that point to claim for any further damage incurred.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

what sort of percentage increase do you reckon the insurers will add, for one non fault claim, that would recover a “significant proportion” of that sort of claim ?

Our van got crashed into by neighbour, £1800 damage with costs fully recovered from her policy, my insurance has gone up by, on average £100 per vehicle for 5 years, I insure 5 vehicles so over the time I’d have been better off paying for it myself than claiming….

nealglover
    Free Member

Our van got crashed into by neighbour, £1800 damage with costs fully recovered from her policy, my insurance has gone up by, on average £100 per vehicle for 5 years, I insure 5 vehicles so over the time I’d have been better off paying for it myself than claiming….

What percentage rise is that as a total ?

To be fair though, it does sound like you live next door to a really crap driver. From an Actuarial point of view that liability is ever present (unlike a random carpark ding away from home) and your insurers are protecting themselves against it by increasing the premium.

Quite different from most non fault claims really.

As is you insuring five cars in your name.

Although, if those increases are genuine, and you can prove it, you can claim against the at fault party’s insurers as that is a direct loss to you that they are still liable for. Most people don’t bother as it’s just a few quid, but your situation is quite different for a number of reasons.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Just refitted a new mirror.. off the top of his head body shop estimate £2.5k+ 😯

Will have an accurate quote later which i’ll present to the farmer….

Pauly

(H)oooof!

cloudnine
    Free Member

I can imagine his response… “Pull the Udder one!”

wwaswas

I said it would be a heiferty bill.

nealglover
    Free Member

Will have an accurate quote later which i’ll present to the farmer….

Hope it goes well.

Spin
    Free Member

I’d feel a little sorry for the farmer but at the end of the day if he’s taking money for parking and his animals damaged the vehicle he’s at fault.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Perhaps the farmer will say nayyyy as he has moooo insurance to cover this incident.

BillMC

On the horns of a dilemma. I’d get the quote and beef it up a bit and give him some bull and try to cow him into submission. Dexter

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 145 total)

The topic ‘Car damaged by cows in a car park.. Whose insurance / liable?’ is closed to new replies.