Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Canyon Strive (not race version) sizing
  • bgascoyne
    Free Member

Hi All – Yes another Canyon sizing question….I been trolling the internet and this forum for real life sizing information about the Strive but I keep finding info on the race version, not the standard version. Canyon website suggests I need a M. I’m 178cm (with normal 178 legs and Torso). I’m debating whether to go for the large or not. I am right on the boarder line so I’m not 100% sure which way to swing. Any one got some real life sizing feedback pls??

Cheers
    Brent

geuben
    Free Member

I’m also 178cm and I have M Race. Given that the Race version is supposed to be bigger than the non-race version I’d be a little worried a M non-race would be a little short in reach/TT. My M Race doesn’t seem that long… Just about right.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

May not be much of a help but
    I got a nerve in a medium and a spectral in a large, I’m aprox 5,10, I think I submitted a height of 180cm, 31″ inside leg

The nerve is slightly on the small side, but with a bit of tweaking to the handlebars and seat the medium nerve is now fine, although the saddle post is very high.

I decided to get a large spectral , the stand over height is so much higher than the nerve, the reverb post is at the lowest point in the frame, and when it’s at full height it is perfect, but if I was any smaller i,d be on my tiptoes
    Again it rides well for me

AdeC
    Free Member

It may help when deciding on sizing that the ‘Race’ Strive is the same frame as the ‘standard’ Strive, but they have shifted the S/M/L up a size.

IE: The small race frame is the same frame as the medium standard frame. Likewise the medium race frame is the same as a large standard Strive frame. So the large race frame would be an XL standard (but they don’t sell that).

edit: just checked and they do sell an XL standard Strive

Hope that makes sense!

bgascoyne
    Free Member

Thanks for the info guys…..been comparing the geo info between the two frame sets – the M race is different to standard L – shorter standover height, however longer reach, longer top tube but shorter stack. So confusing. Why dont they do the same spec in race or standard frame – that would solve my problem!

I was on the phone with the UK CS guys and they recommended M for me. Just dont want to waste 2 weeks and other £45 in postage in swapping it over if the size is wrong. I guess thats the risk you take with “mail order”

richwak
    Free Member

Don’t buy a canyon! Great bikes until something goes wrong, which it will, and you will be regretting your decision as their customer service is woeful, i speak from bitter experience.

bgascoyne
    Free Member

Quick update for future searches on this topic. Ended up getting a YT Capra!Frame six is L – I def would not want to have got a M as indicated on their sizing guide.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Canyon Strive (not race version) sizing’ is closed to new replies.