Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Canyon size
  • anthonyd
    Free Member

Hello All,
    Help needed. I’m thinking of buying a canyon xc bike. I’m 5’8″ tall inside leg 29.5″. I’ve looked at the specks on their website and the XS bike has a standover height of 31.5″!!
    Has anyone of my sort of size bought one of their bikes, what size did you buy, how much clearance was there.
    They do seem very large fitting bikes, shame I really mant one.
    Thanks, Anthony

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

5’10” here and I’m on a Nerve in Medium. Fits very well.

MussEd
    Free Member

The Grand is maaaaaassssive!

justatheory
    Free Member

I’m 6,2″ with a size L Nerve and find it a good fit.

nammynake
    Free Member

I am 5″8 with 31 inside leg. The small fits me fine (16.5).

Gribs

5’10 with a medium AM here. I’d be looking more towards the top tube length for sizing rather than the seat tube.

j40aja
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered a Nerve XC8.0 today (bargain of the century).

I checked their online size calculator thing and it kept saying I needed a large but I wasn’t convinced as I’m 6’4″ with a 35″ inside leg.

I know my sizing doesn’t really help you but my advice is to e-mail or call Cullen at Canyon UK and ask his advise.
    He replied to my questions within about 30mins and put my mind at rest (they recommend anyone over 6’2″ to get an XL).

pstevensnz
    Free Member

I’m 5 ft 8 in and have a nerve xc. Their size calculator reccomended a M which I went for, but it does feel a little on the large size to me. Mostly a bit long in the top tube, stand over height is ok. I think I may have been better with a small – still a great bike tho!

RocketTom
    Free Member

I’m 5’10.5″ Medium Nerve fits perfectly

monkeyboyjc

5″10′ – medium grand canyon al 29, fits me fine…

johnnystorm

5′ 11″ and happy with a Medium Grand Canyon AL29 as per their recommendations using the size calculator. Try the calc and call up the UK rep if you’re still unsure.

anthonyd
    Free Member

Thanks for all your help. I’ll ring canyon on Monday.I’ve just got back into m.biking and have an old Marin shoreline trail 15.5″ which fits me fine, at the time I was told to to have 4″ clearance. However as I’m 30″ inside leg ish is bothering me. Even the XS measures too big as per their website measurements!
    Anthony

weirdnumber
    Free Member

I’m not sure if there is a correct or standard way of measuring standover height but my large Nerve XC claims 32″ standover which by my reckoning with my 34″ inside leg is taken from the highest point of the top tube up by the headtube. In practice I have about 5″ or so of standover clearance.
    The important part as has been mentioned is top tube length. My large feels big, especially as my legs are long relative to my torso.

anthonyd
    Free Member

Thanks again all.
    Weirdnumber, are you saying that the large measures 32″ at the highest point of the top tube?
    Pstevenz and Nammynake, approx how much clearance do you have, if you don’t mind me asking? (as you’re near my size).
    Thanks, Ant.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

anthonyd – I’m around 5’10” on a med xc nerve. Somewhere around 31″ leg according to m&s. Standover is no where near a problem. I’ve not measured it – but its around as much as my other bikes. I have no idea how they measure it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Canyon size’ is closed to new replies.