Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Can't we all just play nicely?
  • bencooper
    Free Member

Apparently the Scottish Government’s clever big idea on how to make the roads safer for all is, wait for it, to ask everyone to play nicely.

Seriously.

http://nicewaycode.com/

Well, that’s half a million quid well spent.

bencooper
    Free Member

And when you’ve already got a spoof Twitter site before it’s even launched, things aren’t going well…

https://mobile.twitter.com/NicewayCodeGB

oldnpastit

cyclists are asked to obey red lights and not cycle on the pavement.

Good luck with that one….

cookeaa

Hurrah! Niceness will save us all!

I Have to say the spoof twitter page falls a bit flat, it’s not actually funny…

I’m going with:

“Get out of the road you f**king Bandit! We’re both already late for work!”

Any other suggestions for a good caption?

cookeaa

My own tips would be:

If you are involved in and RTA, do make sure you have enough scones and jam to offer to any others involved, scones are nice…

Why not tell the driver stuck in car next to you in a motorway jam that their hair looks nice today (even if it looks a bit dowdy).

Everything looks better with tassels… FACT!

If you can’t afford a Rolls Royce but want a figurehead for your bonnet, why not fit a Girls World, you can do her hair and makeup a different way each and every day and it’ll make other road users smile… Which is nice…

Rather than hurling insults and rude gestures at other road users try hurling a compliment their way when they try to kill you…

Lorry Drivers try to cut back on the rape and murder a bit, its generally speaking, not considered all that nice these days…

If you do see a Vauxhall insignia try to ram it off the road and ideally set light to it, you’ll be doing everyone, including the owner, a big favour…

samuri
    Free Member

I’m struggling to spot the difference between the real site and the spoof.

kcr
    Free Member

One of those ideas where you wonder why no one, at some point in the process, said “Stop, this is just going to make us look ridiculous… “

What a shocking waste of money, instead of doing something concrete about road safety. As cycling deaths rise in Scotland, all we need to do is to to be a bit nicer.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5iOnaBNJ-A[/video]

bencooper
    Free Member

Even the photograph is bad – the car appears to be overtaking on the zigzags, and has stopped over the white line.

wwaswas

their twitter feed is really odd.

it’s like the people running it have read the web site but never actually driven a car or ridden a bicycle.

cyclists all seem to be cross about it and drivers have never heard of it.

374 followers on twitter. Not an overwhelming success really.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Can't we all just play nicely?’ is closed to new replies.