Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cannondale stem recall
  • just5minutes
    Free Member

Looks like Cannondale are recalling all one piece lefty OPI stems supplied between 2011 and 2015 due to a risk of failure:

http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2015/Cycling-Sports-Group-Recalls-Cannondale-Mountain-Bicycles/

As the same stems were also supplied in the UK where do folk here stand / why aren’t CSG Europe taking the same action “in the interest of consumers to conduct a voluntary recall of the part.”?

cynic-al
    Free Member

3 September, may take a while to catch up?

jimification
    Free Member

why aren’t CSG Europe taking the same action “in the interest of consumers to conduct a voluntary recall of the part

I would think they’ll have no choice now they’ve done it in the states – would go pretty badly for them if a steerer failiure caused injury at a time when CSG Europe were undeniably aware of the US recall

coatesy
    Free Member

Think CSG have notified their dealers, our warranty manager was talking about the recall on Friday.

onandon
    Free Member

A bump.
    I booked my Scalpel it for the work. Apparently it takes 20 mins or so to fit a wedge into the stem for the steerer to push against.
    The part is 45 grams in weight and adds to the stiffness – this may explain the famous creak from cannondale front ends.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

I had the notice from Paul’s so getting mine booked in locally.

jimification
    Free Member

on and on: Thanks for the info.

Mk2 steerer (£15 from Qwerty) fixes the front end creak (in my experience, at least).

Cannondale OPI Steerer STD KH078/STD

onandon
    Free Member

Yep, that new stearer sorted mine too. I’d imagine after the wedge it will be stiffer still.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale stem recall’ is closed to new replies.