Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Cannondale lefty on to Cotic Simple frame
  • Stealthbike
    Free Member

I have an old Cannondale lefty bike and I’m switching over to a Cotic simple frame to go singlespeed, but want to switch over my lefty fork too.

I’ve seen a couple of pics of Cotic Simple frames with lefty, I know ChunkyMTB had one, so would love to hear from him.

How will it fit, do I need a headset adaptor of some sort?
    All advice welcome.

Thanks

Rickos
    Free Member

I’ve given Chunky a nudge to wake him out of his bear pit. He’ll be along shortly…

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

8)

It’s super easy. My Simple was a medium so not sure what difference the headtube length is on them. Most Lefty’s you can’t alter the clamps.

I ran a standard Hope Headset. You need the Lefty steerer adapter (I think I may still have the one I used for my Simple at home – you’re more than welcome to buy it off me if I do.)

My advice is to measure the gap between the clamps of your Lefty, let me know what they are and I can check the Lefty I used on my Simple.

GregMay
    Free Member

Damn you for sparking my Lefty lust again…

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I’ve moved onto Clown Wheels…

coogan
    Free Member

I no longer know you. #itsover #wail #icecream

Stealthbike
    Free Member

Chunky, that’s a great offer.
    My Cotic frame due to arrive any day, will measure my current Lefty stuff and the Cotic frame when it gets here and get back to you with measurements and hopefully if you still have your adapter, and it will work – we an do business!

Thanks.

amedias
    Free Member

Ran one on mine for a bit (older model 1 1/8 headtube not tapered) using a project123 adaptor, just as easy to fit as any other frok.

Mine is a 16in/Small and the headtube length is fine, works ok on a medium as well, but never tried anything bigger, there is a headtube range they work with, can’t rememebr fof the top of my head but 130mm total stack height is ringing bells…

As chunky said, most of the never leftys have bonded clamps so you can’t alter the height, the older DLR, Jake, and Lefty Max 130 and 140s had separate clamps so there is more adjustment available.

GregMay
    Free Member

@ChunkyMTB Already on clown wheels, Thus the transfer may be logical, if expensive. Did you get a new Lefty and convert over?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

coogan – Member

I no longer know you. #itsover #wail #icecream

Still have proper wheel size for proper riding 🙂

Counting the sleeps…

Clink

My Cotic frame due to arrive any day

One of the 29er ones then? Post some pics up when you get it – don’t seem to be many about?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

GregMay – Member

@ChunkyMTB Already on clown wheels, Thus the transfer may be logical, if expensive. Did you get a new Lefty and convert over?

I got a Carbon Lefty off the classifieds on here, basically brand new for peanuts. It’s a 110mm so added two 10mm spacers (5 min job). Checked clearance and all good.

It’s super plush.

letmetalktomark

The first thing to check is total stach height of HT and headset.

If its a new 29er simple then go for a hope internal lower cup for 1 1/8” forks.

This helps compensate for the slightly higher bar conversion.

The Lefty for All kits are a piece of cake to use and install even if you do need three paist of hands.

Gratuitous Skookum Lefty shots:

z1ppy

Might seem a silly question, but how are you fine tuning the space between (bonded) clamps with these conversions?
    My Lefty is a damned tight fit with a std c’dale frame and the headset/top spacer

Musing over the idea of converting my Lefty Max 140 to a 29er.

z1ppy

Ok, watching the installation of the 321 project conversion kit, it makes perfect sense know, can anyone confirm the lefty for all, is the same setup? (I’d doubt it would be different)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GN-erCL2jKk[/video]

letmetalktomark

Yes, very similar if not the same.

You can kind of just see the spacer (in the clamp) of mine.

These come in different heights according to the sapce they are needed to fill.

Essentially I had 6mm to play with/fill.

5 of that is the carbon spacer a the 1 is the aforementioned space in the clamp.

Hope that makes sense!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

a closer look

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Did the same thing on my Love/Hate..

Love it!

plyphon
    Free Member

Renthal fatbar with a canondale lefty, interesting!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

plyphon – Member
    Renthal fatbar with a canondale lefty, interesting!

Go on… ❓

Pigface
    Free Member

Loving this 😆 now I want to build a Soul Lefty, no other reason than they look so good.

nicko74

Every so often I get Lefty lust, before the rational part of my brain kicks in and quietens everything down…

Want!

plyphon
    Free Member

Go on…

Renthal:

Lefty:

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

26″ bike with riser, 29″ with flatbar…

You new to the sport?…

plyphon
    Free Member

I was more referring to the discipline the product was designed for rather than the wheel size. 😆

parkesie
    Free Member

Loving the look of a lefty on a skinny frame.

letmetalktomark

I can honestly say that this was no inspiration behind my conversion….

….. none what so ever.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

plyphon – Member
    I was more referring to the discipline the product was designed for rather than the wheel size

Ah, ok.

Stealthbike
    Free Member

Sorry to kick start this topic again, but a slight delay on finding a frame, my options now ate…
    Cotic soul (which has a tapered head tube)
    Or
    A secondhand Sanderson Life with whatever headset that has
    …and having looked at the project321 site I’m still unsure what I need.
    I have an old ‘clamp on 100mm Lefty
    I’m thinking what Chunky has may work, if you’re still out their and if you agree, we could do business?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale lefty on to Cotic Simple frame’ is closed to new replies.