Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Cannock on a Sunday?
  • cjr61

I’m guessing it’s going to be busy? Will I be chased off the trails for not looking gnar-enduro enough?

Last time I rode there on a weekend it was very…strava/full face helmets/bling…I wasn’t fast/cool/gnar enough!

It’s my first proper ride for a while since Jnr arrived so just fancy a easy few hours.

Cheers

Chris

bails

Last time I rode there on a weekend it was very…strava/full face helmets/bling…I wasn’t fast/cool/gnar enough!

Really? Whenever I’m there there are always loads of ‘bimblers’ (no offence intended, I just mean not the 170mm travel, full face crowd). Are you sure you weren’t at the stile cop DH tracks?

It’ll be fun, go.

cjr61

Thanks bails,

That’s good. I must have just been on a bad day.

I’ll be there bimbling along tomorrow then.

Cheers

jekkyl

you’ll be reet, you can only fit one bike at a time down singletrack. Just keep a wary eye and ear out for those behind you and pull over when it’s safe and you’re comfortable to do so, don’t feel the need to pull over as quick as they come up behind you. If they are so desperate to go faster they should have left a bigger gap before setting off.

europeanbob
    Free Member

Take some wet weather gear it’s muddy at the min I’ll be there in the morning as normal just pull over and let the racing snakes pass I have to a lot plenty of room for all on the trails just enjoy mate

cjr61

Thanks all.

Rather looking forward to my ride now!

I’ll be the bimbler on an anthem x29 if anyone flies past me to say hello.

The code word is TWATOS 😀

jamj1974

You should be fine. Most people are considerate – anyone who puts pressure on you is an arse anyway. Feel free to bimble and if I see you I’ll say “hi”! I’m in the position of bimbling on climbs right now anyway.

cjr61

Disclaimer: don’t go round shouting TWATOS at strangers.

emac65
    Free Member

It’s very weather dependant over there – If the weather’s poor, you’ll hardly see a soul…

jamj1974

There’s been far less in the last few weeks due to the cold…

CheesybeanZ

We’ll be there tomorrow morning , look out for an old bloke on a fatty trail with 3 others all on whytes . Is there a special wave to accompany shouting TWATOS ?..

bensales
    Free Member

Get there for the crack of sparrowfart and you can easily get a Dog+Monkey+Dog in before everyone turns up.

europeanbob
    Free Member

Onone 456 silver here lurking around the cafes drinking tea more than likely very muddy

doomanic

Disclaimer: don’t go round shouting TWATOS at strangers.

Well that’s taken the wind out of my sails… 😆

cjr61

Awesome ride today, very enjoyable.

No TWATOS shouting regrettably!

jamj1974

Glad you enjoyed it! In the end we decided to go into Brum on the canals and do an urban jumping of bits of concrete type ride.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Cannock on a Sunday?’ is closed to new replies.