Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cannock Chase FTD & Monkey
  • dustytrails

Anyone on here know what trail conditions are like at the moment…thinking of taking a day off and having a day out!
    Cheers

jekkyl

They’ll be fine, get yersel there. maybe a few puddles, it’s never horrific.
    Just watch out for all the grunting riders trying to outpace you in dayglo green and yellow bikes and clothing!

oldejeans
    Free Member

hey everyone, it sounds like our very own Jekkyl is a bit quick!

dustytrails

Thanks guys…not been there for a couple of years (morphed into a bit of a roadie for a while!!)…pretty sure most will be outpacing me at the moment as not been riding much lately what with local swamp conditions and other commitments.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I hear the pebbles are lethal when wet. 😉

jekkyl

Oh I’m not the fastest by any means.
    Dusty, if you’re going for the whole day, why not consider doing a natural route as well as the waymarked stuff? even at a snails pace the dog/monkey isn’t likely to take much longer than 3 hrs. The chase is littered with bridleways and tracks, you can just head off in any random direction and see what turns up, it’s pretty hard to get properly lost as you can just keep going till you get to a road. I’m likely going myself on thursday morning but only doing the Monkey.

dustytrails

Very true jekkyl….used to go to the Chase back in the day before there were any waymarked trails there…

rocketman
    Free Member

Just watch out for all the grunting riders trying to outpace you in dayglo green and yellow bikes and clothing!

*waves to jekyll*

As above the Chase is OK at the moment. There was some snow over the weekend but it’s gone now. A decent week ahead weather-wise

One section of the Dog is closed and there is some work scheduled on the Monkey but the trail will stay open

dustytrails

Thanks rocketman, yeah weather looking ok!

jekkyl

Happy to say conditions were perfect when I was there yesterday. Just a bit of moisture on the trails so it was lovely and grippy, better than when it’s dusty imo.
    Horrified to see all the logging that has been going on on around ‘Deerskull’ tons of piled up logs, looks like the whole place is destined to look the same as lower cliff 🙁
    Going back on sunday to do it in the Dark!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cannock Chase FTD & Monkey’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM