Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Cannock Chase
  • Big-Pete
    Free Member

I live 30 mins from the Chase but rarely ride there. I am getting fed up with long drives and want to start exploring the more local off piste stuff at the Chase.
    Any advise on direction from FTD to a good area to start sniffing around would be appreciated.

Ta

Pete

viv
    Free Member

depends what sort of stuff your looking for – there are some more challenging climbs and xc bits away from ftd but in my opinion ftd is perfect – your really spoilt by it. If your want trails maybe explore the area on your left as you descend the tech section down from marquis drive?? Or find the quarry and bomb about till you get tired?? – Also – and this wont go down well – there are some wonderfully tech deer tails cutting through the woods but these are probably not allowed to ride on – but you could work these into your loop and double back on the ftd??

t

Bernaard
    Free Member

Oh where to start. The whole place is a maze of trails that probably started as deer tracks, but have since formed into trails.
    You really need a guide to find places like the Monkey trail etc, and will will be happy to show you. Myself and some of the mtbbritain.co.uk lot are meeting on the 7th May in the evening if you wanted to join us.
    If not, if you do the dog until the begining of S13 then go over the road and through Tackeroo caravan site to the car park opposite the entrance and continue through that there is a nice flowing descent that leads to the quarry. You have to follow the track from the car park to the fireroad and the trail starts right in front of you.
    Otherwise there are loads of the special events area too, but describing how the get there will be a nightmare,
    There are also some cheeky ones withing the follow the dog too.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Try this car park

Just go out and explore. I spent months a few years ago now looking round for trails that go into the trees. There are loads there just explore and watch for other bikers popping out at the bottom of a run. Sometimes pays to follow the trail in reverse to find where it begins.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Cannock Chase’ is closed to new replies.