Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • camera advice…………..for a proper thicky
  • ton

i want a camera to take with me on the bike/out walking.

thing is i am a proper numpy with technology.

what to buy?

RealMan
    Free Member

canera advice…………..for a proper thicky

🙂

djglover
    Free Member

ton

realman…………..i meant to do that……….honest 😉

mieszko
    Free Member

I would go for either something reasonably cheap but good so around £50-100, that You would not mind dropping etc or a cheaper second hand camera that You would not mind dropping even more 😉 Something point and shoot. In the £100 range You can get a Canon Ixus 100 IS, full metal case and You can record HD movies. Very nice camera, a friend just got one. However it is small so might not have big enough buttons for big hands.

Check eBay Argos outlet. They had a Samsung for around £60 recently, again metal case, HD movie recording etc.

I have an old Panasonic Lumix, serves me well, point and shoot camera. I would not want to carry my OH’s DSLR with the spare lens just in case etc etc. With my camera I can put it on the chest strap on my camelbak so it’s accessible and not getting in the way.

It all would depend on the budget but as I’m only taking a picture every now and then I don’t need the latest and most adjustable camera. What I would do is agree on a budget. Check which cameras are within the price range and then check the reviews. But the Canon Ixus IS 100 for under £100 is a good camera.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘camera advice…………..for a proper thicky’ is closed to new replies.