Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Can you suggest some nice rims suitable for 2.3 tyres please
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

After some new rims to suit 2.3 tyres.

Any suggestions.

Must be fairly strong as I’m no lightweight.

for my 456

racing_ralph
    Free Member

stans flow or arch

seanodav
    Free Member

+1 stans flow, very stiff and strong rim.

loddrik
    Free Member

Used 717s for years with 2.3 & 2.4. Am nearly 17st btw.

_tom_
    Free Member

Mavic 721 works for me 🙂

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

And I’m 14st and the last 717’s I had lasted two weeks.

Flow or Arch IMO. Stans rims are absolutely cracking bits of kit. versatile too.

Lummox

using mavic en521’s cant fault and produce a nice tyre shape, not felt them ‘rolling’ like my old 317’s

bighendo
    Free Member

clicky link

stans flow, run em tubeless
    now/soon in ano colours

geetee1972
    Free Member

721s should work for anyone, including Steve Peat in any world cup downhill, i.e. they’re super strong, super heavy…

I’m running Stans Flow and Arch rims on my full sus and hardtail. So far the Arch rims have held up to my 102kg frame and rather ‘bluff’ style or riding. The Flows will stand up to even more abuse and are tough enough for lighter DH.

slowrider
    Free Member

flows. i break a lot of stuff and ive been using these rims on several bikes for 2 years and have only flat spotted one of them, which also tore through a dual ply tyre. they are plenty strong!

br
    Free Member

I’ve had a pair of Hope Hoop 5.1’s for a few years now, run 2.4’s quite happy and no problems at all. Converting them to tubeless 2 years ago with Stans – again no problems.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

en521’s good for plenty of abuse, used as light DH wheels by some

saladdodger
    Free Member

on my 456 I use mavic 719 rims them seem pritty strong

bigyinn
    Free Member

Yep my EN521 on the back has remained untouched since it was built over a year ago. Oh and I was close to 17.5st at one point.

lucien

Flows +1

grumm
    Free Member

Flow

_tom_
    Free Member

Also running a 2.35 high roller on the rear wheel which is an XC717. Seems fine and it holds up to a lot of shit with me being about 17 stone and not exactly the smoothest rider (learning to jump and ride downhill on a hardtail)!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Can you suggest some nice rims suitable for 2.3 tyres please’ is closed to new replies.